• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Daily Video: Ex-Prime Minister Asō Pitches 'Moe Sake'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeroDemio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:14 pm Reply with quote
If I buy these products, I'll start to feel ashamed of myself and start drinking. Sad
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quote
It looks like a set of five. I wonder if it's good sake, or the nasty cheap crap? Is it possible that otaku would pay extra for good sake in a moe bottle?
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Ummm...wut? Confused

I don't like sake, period. They can slap things like steamy hot fanservice pics on the bottles all they want, but I still won't touch it. =/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nineofclubs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Just seems like an all round fun guy, i must say.
scchan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote
The Japanese are crazy Razz
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I like sake as much as the next guy (or gal), but when you sell any kinda of booze with a hook like that, it does make you a little wary of the quality.

Again, good or bad, drink enough of it, you'll be feeling quite moe anyway. Wink
Hardgear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Man, I need to find a place here in the US that sells those, I would totally buy at least 1 of each just so I can have em sitting around in my cube at work. Right under the Gurren Lagann flag...
einhorn303

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:26 pm Reply with quote
lol Taro Aso. How did he get that permanent sneer set into his face?

Coincidentally, I don't drink alcohol at all, but my brother is a fervent beer aficionado/snob and works at a liquor store. He's always trying to get me to drink beer, and I tell him, "If your store starts stocking moe ita-beer like they have in Japan, then I'll drink it."
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:02 am Reply with quote
"The Moesyu Tomulier brand is a collaborative effort by distilleries to attract the interest of younger drinkers."

How young is younger? Japan's minimum drinking age is 20. If they're trying to attract even younger drinkers, that wouldn't sit well with Japan's equivalent of MADD. Laughing
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:40 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
"The Moesyu Tomulier brand is a collaborative effort by distilleries to attract the interest of younger drinkers."

How young is younger? Japan's minimum drinking age is 20. If they're trying to attract even younger drinkers, that wouldn't sit well with Japan's equivalent of MADD. Laughing

Bishoujo/moe seem to be aimed at about 20-35, looking at magazine demographics. Seems about right.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Wow. From Prime Minister to hawking sake with pretty cartoon characters on them. That's one hell of a career plunge...

Nineofclubs wrote:
So I've ehard about George W Bush. Not that he's all much for alcohol these days. Heh. I love how so many anime fans love this right wing Japanese canidate just because he loves anime (and the big business associated with it), while at the same the majority of them pitch a fit and can't stand American politicians like Bush.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Nineofclubs wrote:

He isn't. There was a point where the LDP actually avoided him like the plague. LDP candidates refused to be associated with him. Heck, near the end of his last election cycle, there was this one creepy looking ad where Aso just stands there, not speaking. It's like someone at the LDP just said "SHUT UP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE AND LOOK PRETTY FOR THE CAMERA!!"

Well, this is what Aso thinks is "pretty:"

Yes, 15 seconds of Aso just blindly staring at the camera, scowling while a narrator tries in vain to defend him.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:05 pm Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
I love how so many anime fans love this right wing Japanese canidate just because he loves anime (and the big business associated with it), while at the same the majority of them pitch a fit and can't stand American politicians like Bush.

Well, it's possible that most of them love him in an "I am amused by him/wwww" way, and don't support his policies at all. Sort of like how many people once made Chuck Norris jokes, but would certainly disagree with his very conservative views.
Xanas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:52 am Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
So I've ehard about George W Bush. Not that he's all much for alcohol these days. Heh. I love how so many anime fans love this right wing Japanese canidate just because he loves anime (and the big business associated with it), while at the same the majority of them pitch a fit and can't stand American politicians like Bush.

I think Bush seems like a nice enough guy as a person. I can't say that Obama seems like that to me. He seems very aloof and with some of his statements almost like he really thinks of himself as some lesser deity. I'm sure Bush's appearance isn't reality though, he's got some "f*** the Constitution" style statements said privately that would definitely bring him down notches if more people were aware of that.

My perspective on both of them politically is that they are both corporatist and serve special interests. But that's not really any different from almost every other elected official.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Moesyu Tomulier brand is a collaborative effort by distilleries to attract the interest of younger drivers.

Yet cigarette companies are forbidden to advertise at all!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1