• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Sola Survivor

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:33 am Reply with quote
Other than the fact that all of the news presented was a week old (weren't we just complaining last week that the announcement wasn't in the article), my only complaint about the P2P coverage is this:
Quote:
Atlus has said nothing about porting the second half of Persona, but it's rather obvious that an Eternal Punishment's chances depend on Innocent Sin's PSP outing.

The earliest article I found announcing the port had this to say:
Quote:
When asked about Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, Meguro said he thought about including a remake of that PsOne game too, but putting both games on one UMD was impossible. While there are presently no plans for an Eternal Punishment remake, Meguro would like to make one very much.

It might not be the company, but the director certainly has said that he wants to do it (and would have, if there had've been room for both on a single UMD).

Also, the "Also Shipping" line at the bottom, is perfect, and the best way to list Western games also coming out.
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:57 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Oooooh! Persona 2 for PSP?! Must get! Hopefully they'll put both games on the PSP eventually, for they shall get my money.

Mine too, for both releases... then hopefully a port of Persona 4, PSP ok... PS3 Better...

then.. may I dare hope for a new PS3 Persona game?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Innocent Sin: As far as I remember, the first objectionable scene was the principal of the school being hung in the clock tower. Then it was Hitler and his Nazis revived, and of course, Jun being a possible "lover" for Tatsuya based on choices the player makes. Really now, there is simply no excuse for them not to bring this one here. After all, we're more open with all the content that gets presented in anything these days. If our Atlus branch skips this, then I have to say it's a move they will forever regret. Worse comes to worse, I still have my PS1 copy of EP.

Inafune: Well when he made that statement about Japan making awful games, I had a feeling there'd be some implications behind it. After all, the market had been showing signs of some bad slippage and wear n' tear since 2008. All and all, I didn't show much interest in Megaman Universe anyway. I have to be honest, it looked kind of stupid to me. I think people just badly want Legends 3 and that's the end of the story.

Neptunia: The game just looks like Trinity Universe as far as battle system and setup goes. I'm not sure what to say. The concept of the girls being video game systems and summoning old gaming icons as attacks is original at least, but I'm sure it won't garner much attention. Like X Edge and Trinity Universe, it'll probably sell pretty average. I think most RPGers just want to play and finish the final Ar tonelico game (whenever that's coming here).

Galaxy Express 999: So they decided after all these years to give this anime a video game? I remember someone told me Matsumoto can never draw variations in his women as they all look like Maetel (and this is fact). Anyway, other than that horrific vid you linked, I imagine hardcore GE999 fans will be the prospective buyers for this one (though I wonder if it's possible to be hardcore for 999).

Solatorobo: Ah but you'd be quite surprised how much furries would be the sole buyers of this game in the states lol.

Babysitting Mama: You know, Cooking Mama Limited really needs to just die. Seriously, they're going through with this?

Rune Factory 3: Oh I can smell the fanfiction now Anime hyper
Northlander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote
For those of you interested in the Kinectic, there's a nice little game on the way called Child of Eden. (Kind of Rez' spiritual successor.)
Ranma824

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Inafune - Looks like I'm getting my "wish" from several weeks ago. I think he'll be even more annoying when he switches from whining about Japanese developers, to saying how much they "suck" when he gets a new job in the west.

belvadeer wrote:
I think most RPGers just want to play and finish the final Ar tonelico game (whenever that's coming here).

You mean to say Atelier Totori! Razz

(I want AT3 now too Smile )
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:

PS> Thank you, Todd, for the CoD callout at the very bottom. While I'm not interested in that game, it did make me smile to see it there.

Hehe, it made me smirk too, even though I have absolutely no interest in the game. It's good to know Todd reads the comments and takes the suggestions of his readers.

Anyways, the big news here is definitely P2:IS. There's very little doubt in my mind that this game will get a Western release. Persona is pretty much the most popular series Atlus has, so it would be foolish to pass this one up.

I don't know what they did with Persona 1 (haven't played the original or the remake) but I'm wondering if they'll make this game a bit more user-friendly. I played some of the P2 fan translation and it was extremely different than P3 and P4. Maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention but... it seemed kind of difficult. Laughing Any insight from someone who's played both versions of the first Persona?
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:00 am Reply with quote
Guardian Legend: The best NES game I never owned. I rented it and beat it before returning it. The soundtrack was some of the best 8-bit gaming music of all time.

Joysticks: Oh my gawd! I suddenly realized where my love of fanservice originated.

Babysitting Mama: I'm looking forward to youtube videos of actual game play where people screw up instead of succeeding.
darcerin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:20 am Reply with quote
*dances* More Rune Factory is ALWAYS a good thing! Bring it on!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote
Sepherest wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
Man lots of stuff this run.

So they're releasing 'P:IS' for PSP. Ok we can live with that. But why the hell did they change her hair color? If that's supposed to be the boxer isn't her hair supposed to be red?

The boxer is Ulala, and she's a main character in Eternal Punishment, not Innocent Sin. The girl in the article is Tatsuya's friend Lisa Silverman. She does hand-to-hand combat as well but it's martial arts. They didn't drastically change any of the artwork, Soejima even did the in-game ones the first time around. Kaneko was the director and did all the concept art. It's just updated.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I love Compile, and TGL is one of my personal favorite NES games too. Very happy you're a fan of them too, Todd.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Ranma824 wrote:

You mean to say Atelier Totori! Razz

(I want AT3 now too Smile )

That too Smile
sfried

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:03 pm Reply with quote
darcerin wrote:
*dances* More Rune Factory is ALWAYS a good thing! Bring it on!
Indeed. I still have not finished the first, nor the second, nor the Wii game. It must be that Harvewst Moon thing...
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
sfried wrote:
[quote="darcerinI still have not finished the first, nor the second, nor the Wii game. It must be that Harvewst Moon thing...

Harvest Moon games have endings? Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2