• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just sell?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I'll be selling my random DVDs I have of Orphen and Rurouni Kenshin. I also need to sell my Sets 02 and 03 (Sub only) of Gurren Lagann - I have the dual language of Set 01, and I didn't realize that there were dual and sub-only options when I bought them. And I hate hate HATE inconsistent/uneven collections.

But I'll probably hold off until I have the box sets of those series, just in case.

I pretty much have only sold my DVDs at FYE, used book/DVD stores, or to my friends (and I'll normally just give them to my friends). I'm too lazy to do it online.

AJMkarate717 wrote:
It's a sealed copy of Vol. 1 + Artbox. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stumble across the complete series. Sounds like a good plan, though. I hope I can get some good money off of it. Very Happy Gotta love those convention bargain items. Media Blasters sold it to me, of all companies! O_o

Y'know, if you don't want to deal with the hassle of putting it on e-bay, I may be interested in giving you the price you want. I already own the very last volume, and so I've been debating on separately collecting the rest. Send me a PM naming your price and I may take you up on it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I am also trying to sell some of my other sets on Ebay.

Speed Grapher complete collection
DBZ Kai Season1 Part1
Gall Force - Collection
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I put some of my stuff on the craigslist chopping block. It's stuff I have extra of, but is still of value, so it's not like I'm actually parting with anything, but it's baby steps.

I'm trying to unload Haruhi LE 3, Saber Marionette J AL collection, Suzuka box set, Sailor Moon SuperS movie, Chrono Crusade complete collection and Gurren Lagann part 1. I'm asking for $20 on the completes and Haruhi, $15 for Sailor Moon, and $10 on GL, all reasonable prices to me.

Here's hoping that there's an anime fan somewhere in my area. And that they're an attractive female, but I digress.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:13 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Here's hoping that there's an anime fan somewhere in my area. And that they're an attractive female, but I digress.

It's possible! I purchased my FLCL Ultimate from a very attractive Asian girl on Craigslist. I would have totally been on her if I was into Asian chicks.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I recently got the Limited Edition complete collection, with art box, of X TV. I'm still waiting for it to come in the mail and when it does I'll be selling the other set I own. I'll probably throw it up on eBay yet if anyone on here is interested in buying it you can fire me a PM for more details. Smile

Here are pics of the set I currently own: Box 1 and Box 2

I also traded in a few extra DVDs I had at my local DVD store. Had an extra copy of Air Vol.2, My-Hime Vol.7 (Special Edition), and Ultra Maniac Vol.2. I wouldn't have gotten much for them off eBay so I figured it was better to trade them in for credit at the store.
unfurling

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
i own the complete cardcaptor sakura dvd set, volumes 1-18, and i'm likely going to be selling these in the next few days Smile i bought them two years ago and they're sitting on my shelf not being as appreciated as they should be. if anyone is interested, let me know!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:14 pm Reply with quote
@ unfurling - this is too funny; when I saw your post I went onto Amazon to see what all 18 volumes would go for and I saw a listing asking $800. So I was gonna rush back here and tell you that you are sitting on a gold mine and post a link to the offering...

...then I noticed you were the seller! Laughing

Anyway, let us know what you get for them (I'm not interested in the series, by the way, I'm just curious what price you get).
unfurling

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:14 pm Reply with quote
heh thanks! Very Happy the only reason i have the price set so high on amazon is because of the cut they take - if it sells at $800, i only get something like $650 or so, which is where i'd be happy ending up somewhere around.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I'm trying to unload Haruhi LE 3, Saber Marionette J AL collection, Suzuka box set, Sailor Moon SuperS movie, Chrono Crusade complete collection and Gurren Lagann part 1. I'm asking for $20 on the completes and Haruhi, $15 for Sailor Moon, and $10 on GL, all reasonable prices to me.

SOLD! A guy wanted to buy the whole lot and we agreed on just $60. I know that's $40 lower than all of them combined, but I think in the long run I'm better off taking this offer than waiting for each to be sold individually. I don't mind, though, since that's "free" money and it pays my credit card bill with some change left, so that's cool.

Now then, lets see if I can muster up what it takes to sell stuff I don't have extra copies of. Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps...
FaytLein

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:37 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Now then, lets see if I can muster up what it takes to sell stuff I don't have extra copies of. Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps...

GASP. You are gonna sell stuff you don't have copies of? I could never do that. I simply couldn't bear to part with any of my stuff, which might explain my hesitance to have people over.

But I somehow think they would take my PS3 and comp before they take Air or Cardcaptor Sakura....But you never know....

I have a fat stack of stuff (double purchases and stuff) but its all a terrible mishmash of stuff, nothing exciting or rare at all. So I somehow doubt I can offload them. Maybe one day.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Well, I have some stuff I just don't like. Captain Tylor, Kurau Phantom Memory, Sakura Diaries, etc are all shows I never plan on watching again, so it only makes sense to sell them, right? RIGHT!? Sorry, I'm still trying to convince myself of that.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:45 pm Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:

I have a fat stack of stuff (double purchases and stuff) but its all a terrible mishmash of stuff, nothing exciting or rare at all. So I somehow doubt I can offload them. Maybe one day.

Good luck with that, it took me a while but I was finally able to off load the first volume of Super Gals a few weeks ago. I don't want to throw my anime DVD's that I am selling out, but nobody seems to be buying those must the games I offload and regular DVD's.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:39 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Well, I have some stuff I just don't like. Captain Tylor, Kurau Phantom Memory, Sakura Diaries, etc are all shows I never plan on watching again, so it only makes sense to sell them, right? RIGHT!? Sorry, I'm still trying to convince myself of that.

I can relate. I've never sold anything but I did participate in a few swap meets. While I did get some good things there are a couple of things I regret trading away. Now that I have a house and storage space is no longer a big issue I think I'm becoming a hoarder. I have several shows that I will probably never watch again but I want to keep everything so I come up with reasons (the art box looks nice on my shelf, etc).
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote
Sold my Suzuka complete box set for a cool $26. I was shocked that I was able to sell it, since I don't have much luck selling my used anime goods.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I sold:
Agent Aika
Blassreiter Parts 1 and 2
Chrono Crusade
Final Fantasy Advent Children
Glass Fleet Complete Collection
Golden Boy
Nabari no Ou Parts 1 and 2
Puni Puni Poemy
Sin: The Motion Picture
StrAIn Complete Collection

I'm running out of space and I went through my stuff and took out a bunch I'll probably never rewatch and figured I'd get rid of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10