• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Maoyū (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Wow that was an amazing episode. The episode truly shows the power of speech. Look at what Hitler was able to do because of his excellent use of speech.

I sort of spoiled myself by looking at one of the later manga chapters, so I am wondering if the spoiler[ evil/possesed Demon King will appear in the next couple of episodes]. Although this was already foreshadowed so I don't know if it really is a spoiler.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

spoiler[Things are getting complex in this anime.
I got lost watching this episode.
You really have to watch it with complete interest.
This episode reminded me of Wolf and Spice even more than others.
This time it was mostly about trade.
Flashback about Maou and Yuusha as a baby projection was nice.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Yeah this episode was a lot like Spice and Wolf, all the mentions of purchase agreements, inflation, and tarifs. I guess this is what was meant by the next step of the opening being a huge pile of gold, the ED also has a similar scene that shows the Dragon Princess too. Talking about the Dragon Princess, I did not know spoiler[she had a huge dragon tail].

Anyway it looks like the spoiler[economic problem] is actually making the central nations morespoiler[ aggressive], they have more to spoiler[lose now and thus need the winter country's food suply]. It has been quite counterproductive that the merchants are spoiler[keeping s much wealth when a freeflow] was mentioned as being something they should try to have. Not to mention they have created a spoiler[church that claims to be the true one], which is very ambitious. They are going to have to pull a miravle somehow.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
ep.10

spoiler[
hero, female knight, winter king, etc wonder to do give after big speech big sis maid did among is free the serf while wonder little sis give everyone pie.

merchant is making plans to make scroll of also make lots of buys of everything of all.

which in most areas prices going messed-up with concern that if keep everyone will come winter land to take all food & etc on buy overload.

merchant had meet with dragon lady had some talk while flashback with red queen & head maid give how ideas red queen even had pic-book show hero as a baby want to have the hero.

with all going talks of war going on hero want no kills so hero & winter king need snow to stop the battle. ]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:24 pm Reply with quote
so now we have introduced the spoiler[protestant reformation]. also, dat pastspoiler[ head maid]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
also, dat pastspoiler[ head maid]

What an outfit.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

spoiler[This more and more looks like a crossover between Wolf & Spice and a strategy game.
When I first started watching this I was expecting fights and romance.
What I mostly got were economic strategies and trading tips.
So far the only thing that peaked my interest were the occasional demon spells, portals and bits & pieces of the war.
Looks like the remaining two episodes have more potential.]
Key

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:50 pm Reply with quote
So we finally get to see the Mage in action. My first thought: spoiler[wow, she's just as awesomely powerful as the Hero]. My second thought: spoiler[wow, she's got some serious issues. Are they implying that the tripartite versions of her are from different stages in her own timeline?] I originally had the suspicion that spoiler[Demon King was using Mage as a sort of back-up plan]. and it looks like that has proven true.

All of the action aside, though, it's the astounding ambition of this series which continues to impress me. Many heroes operate with the stated ambition to change the world, but almost none delve into the nitty-gritty of how that might actually be accomplished while still playing out events on a grand stage. To completely change the system, one has to not only defeat an opponent militarily but also manipulate the economics to one's favor, win the common people over, and take out the very will to wage war that rests in the hearts of men and demons. Seeing the teachings of the Red Scholar in the early episodes come to full fruition is just as satisfying as all of the action.

And my, wasn't it interesting how the corrupted Demon King (really, do we need to consider that a spoiler given that we all know it's coming?) talked to the Head Maid? Very enlightening.

And finally, it looks like the final episode will show the Hero doing the one critical part of this whole scenario that only he can do. I'm expecting a great finish.

EDIT: Oh, and that was a pretty startling revelation about the nature of the demon world, too. Definitely didn't see that one coming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

It seems that lots of things are comming to a head, The Crimson Scholar' students have taken pivotel roles: One has become spoiler[Finance Minister] and is working with the Merchant in spoiler[creating a dual currency sustem with demon trading]. And another was able to brilliantly control a battle with minimal losses and was providing aid to all wounded.

We finally had an actualy speaking part with the mage, and I think that I might understand the multiple magicians, she may or may not have spoiler[multiple personalities. Jumping between voices like very soft and sounding harsh]. The Head Maid also had some good parts with the Demon King, although as evidenced by the spoiler[demonic reflections, the Demon King is more befitting of her title now, Head Maid fought well, but lost an arm]. At least the Hero is with her now, the next episode title gives hope that things will go well.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 11

Okay, I already stated I don't know much about economics but, wouldn't it be a bad idea for a nation spoiler[to use two forms of currency?] Like, how 12 or so European nations use both the Euro and their own form of currency. Yet, there have been problems such as Germany or other nations have to prevent Greece, Italy, and such from going into bankruptcy. Obviously there's more to it than that, but I think Demon King was wrong spoiler[about having a backup (or pseudo) currency during the time of inflation. Perhaps, in a short term, opening up a new market might invite foreign (or rather demon) trade but, couldn't the economy suffer in the future?]

Of course, I'm probably wrong. They did mention spoiler[wheat being a stable form of trade.]

That being said, Maoyu is still my overall favorite of the Winter.

Seeing the characters Demon King and Knight had taught earlier starting to really shine with their new-found knowledge made the series feel more 'complete'. The Mage isspoiler[ kinda twisted] as well; figures Demon King knew she spoiler[might be corrupted by her ancestors and planned accordingly]. The final episode promises a duel with spoiler[Dark! DK] but, odds are, the 'power of love' will spoiler[save her].
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11 definitely was one of the better episodes this week imo. I loved the fact that the spoiler[Mage] finally got some screen time and with that some magical powers to boost.

I do feel like spoiler[her introduction and dialogues are introduced quite a bit late now though considering the series is almost done airing. Otherwise, she's a pretty cool girl imo. And ya, elsewhere, it looks like a certain Demon King is having some issues of her own.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:29 am Reply with quote
So before they told us not to generalize how demons are,but spoiler[now it turns out that their kings are really evil and want to rule the world.]
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:32 am Reply with quote
ep.11

spoiler[so um merchant & dragon lady plan to expand biz trade to both human & demons while winter land area plan in stop one-eyed crazy person army.

& yet bigger prob cause red queen has been taken over by evil spirits which from chopping removal of head maid’s arm & now blue hero arrive to face evil red queen?!]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Young warrior was pretty cool. I'm ashamed I didn't recognize him until the spoiler[light cavalry battle] was nearly over.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale
Well, the series is over. For some reason though, I felt like something was missing.

The part that I thought could of been better would be if the Mage made more screen time in this series. Regarding the finale, I thought the episode was okay. The action was so-so although I didn't expect Maoyu to have good action anyways. However, some of the dialogues sure were amusing and the scenes between the two main characters - Demon Queen and Hero. Lol @ the end credits as well.

Not too shabby overall imo. I will rate it as good although I'm also stuck between it and decent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 18