• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nihon Falcom Lists Sora no Kiseki Anime Plans in 2011

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranma824

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:17 am Reply with quote
No comments yet? FOR SHAME ANN community! (don't care that it's only been up an hour Razz )

This could potentially be awesome as hell news. I'm definitely picking up the games when Xseed releases them.
scchan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:12 am Reply with quote
There are quite a few underrated game and manga series has not been animated or the process to do so has taken a conservative or cautious stance. That is not necessary a bad thing as there are tons of "crap" out there.

Anyway, as a Falcom fan, this is something make my day better \o/
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote
Unless it ends up like Ys IV promo...
263fjbenitez04

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote
wow i didn't expect sora no kiseki/legend of heroes vi (unique soundtrack for an rpg) to make to north america. does that mean that other games in this series will come to this market?
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I thought "kiseki" meant only "miracles". I guess it means "trails" too? This does look rather interesting.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:25 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I thought "kiseki" meant only "miracles". I guess it means "trails" too? This does look rather interesting.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean trails. I've never heard of kiseki being translated as trails/paths, etc...
omgfloofy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:04 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
FireChick wrote:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean trails. I've never heard of kiseki being translated as trails/paths, etc...

奇跡 means "Miracle" - this is pronounced as "kiseki", yes.

軌跡 is also pronounced as "kiseki" but means 'path' 'trails' 'tracks', etc etc. I once had a Japanese speaker translate it as "You draw point A, then draw point B. What you're drawing between them is 'Kiseki.'" It's kind of its own word, though, as it has multiple meanings in it as well- it is also translated as 'locus'- which is a place, or the center of activity.

Both of these meanings to 軌跡 are important to the trilogy, I believe... so it's kind of a weird title. I was in a translation group that worked on this until XSEED announced the rights for it, and we argued, relentlessly over what we were going to use for the translation.

[Yay! First post after lurking here without an account for years. Leave it to Sora no Kiseki to do that. Anime hyper]
ZipZapZopTitania

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Huh...this looks interesting. *quick search* WHOA scratch that, this looks kewel! xD

I'll be looking forward to this anime. Estelle sounds like she's gonna make my favorite character list~ I wish I could play the game...I guess I'll be able to when pigs fly. Or I could ask Santa for a PSP, but I'm thinking more about the Oh! Edo Rocket DVD or the Kaze no Stigma complete season...uguu...

Whatever. I'll certainly await the anime eagerly. *goes to do more research/stalls homework*
HiroNotHero

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:48 am Reply with quote
It's about time someone brought over The Legend of Heroes VI games to the U.S. I was beginning to think it was never going to happen. Anime smile + sweatdrop Anyway, I'm very happy that it's going to make it stateside and will definitely buy them. As for the anime, I hope it turns out good and not a pile of crap.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1