• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ex-Johnny's Jr. Idol Makes Cross-Dressing Essay Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:39 am Reply with quote
Umai_Mouri wrote:
poonk wrote:
Take pictures (if they let you), okay? Anime hyper

lol I'll try.

Maybe you could take some pictures and write a little about it and send it to ANN? I know that I would really enjoy looking at an article like that!!

re: article:

It really doesn't surprise me that Kazuhiko Innoue's kid is so awesome. The apple must not fall far from the tree(s) (except for the crossdressing part). I hope that someone brings the manga over here. I would buy!
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:28 am Reply with quote
Man. I heard this earlier and was just shocked to find out Yumiko Igarashi and Kazuhiko Inoue had a son together more than anything. Are they currently married? There's no mention of the other on any pages for them that i can find. Sad

FireChick wrote:
As much as I think this is cool, I wonder if the son's aware of the old plagiarism charges against his mother regarding Candy Candy? I hope he doesn't end up like her.

You say that like he's completely estranged from his mother and/or doesn't read the news. It's not like that's secret information, especially if you were related to someone involved.

Also, plagiarism charges? I am pretty sure it was just Yumiko Igarashi trying to get sole property ownership of the Candy Candy characters since she drew them. She wanted to sell merchandise without getting the author's consent. I don't remember any plagiarism issue.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:47 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Umai_Mouri wrote:
poonk wrote:
Take pictures (if they let you), okay? Anime hyper
lol I'll try.
Maybe you could take some pictures and write a little about it and send it to ANN? I know that I would really enjoy looking at an article like that!!
And even if ANN isn't interested please do report back to the rest of us, in a Music thread if need be. I'd love to hear what you thought about the performance. The impression I have of Jin is that he's pretty rehearsed on things like PVs/dramas but when live he seems a bit... confused, like he's not quite sure what's going on around him Laughing (I mean, have you seen KAT-TUN's live SMAPxSMAP appearance this past New Years?). Though I like the very smooth, confident-before-the-camera types, I also find that awkwardness sort of endearing by contrast so I'd be interested to know if that's genuine or not.

Edit: Just noticed I got a YesAsia update in which they say: "Change Ur World is KAT-TUN's first single after the departure of Akanishi Jin. Even though Jin's presence will be missed, the single shows the boys' strengthened bond, delivering an energetic dance song that features..." Huh, hadn't heard he officially left the group. Maybe he really is an ex-Johnnys now...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
eevaleena

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:51 am Reply with quote
OMG... This is too much for me to take. I never knew Inoue Kazuhiko had a son MY AGE! Shocked And he's too cute to be a MAN!
Hmmm.... but, seeing he's taking his mother's family name & only mention about his mother raising him, does that means they're divorced/separated?
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:11 am Reply with quote
Well Japan wiki says he's been married 4 times, the latest in 2001 to an actress (Ochi Shizuka) Shocked, the other 2 were a fellow seiyuu and a female fan...but I never knew he had such a cute son (so 'Papa' really is a papa Anime hyper)
uicno

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:15 am Reply with quote
ex-Johnny meaning he quitted or that he was made to quit?...not that he's not cute but I think HSJ's Daiki is as shota as a 20-30 years old can be for the public to like him Anime hyper
btw congratulations to the one who was selected for Jin's concert!
Umai_Mouri

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:58 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

poonk wrote:
And even if ANN isn't interested please do report back to the rest of us, in a Music thread if need be. I'd love to hear what you thought about the performance.

Omg, guys. I will totally do my best on writing a coherent article/fanreport. I promise. <3

poonk wrote:
Edit: Just noticed I got a YesAsia update in which they say: "Change Ur World is KAT-TUN's first single after the departure of Akanishi Jin. Even though Jin's presence will be missed, the single shows the boys' strengthened bond, delivering an energetic dance song that features..." Huh, hadn't heard he officially left the group. Maybe he really is an ex-Johnnys now...

He left the group before his first show in LA. He is still working under JE and they are funding his tour in the States. =) On the official JE website Jin has his own web-page alongside Ikuta Toma. \o/

Thank you, uicno~!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2