• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viz Media New Title Solicitations (Feb '11).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:59 pm Reply with quote
The following may change at any time:

* Pokemon Movie 12 DVD : Arceus and the Jewel of Life- 95 minutes - $19.97 - 2/1/11 [dub only]

Credit to WTK from AoD for getting this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Hilarious contrasting this paltry output with Funi's flood of product in Feb and March.
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I have given up on Monster. Sad
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Hilarious contrasting this paltry output with Funi's flood of product in Feb and March.

Exactly what I was thinking. Anime hyper And it just occurred to me that Viz doesn't do many re-releases of their stuff either do they? I was kinda hoping I could buy a complete release of Honey and Clover by now, oh well.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote
HOW EXCITING. eff you Viz. Just honestly freakin eff you. You couldn't even get one more Monster dvd out in in 14 months. Congratu-f*cking-lations.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:

* Pokemon Movie 12 DVD : Arceus and the Jewel of Life- 95 minutes - $19.97 - 2/1/11 [dub only]

I'm shocked that Viz hasn't died yet as a company, Naruto and Bleach, and Death Note can't sustain the company forever.
DarkRoseFairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:54 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:

I'm shocked that Viz hasn't died yet as a company, Naruto and Bleach, and Death Note can't sustain the company forever.

They still have their manga line to support them, to Viz they are a manga publisher first and foremost; their anime line is just to make extra money.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:02 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
braves wrote:

And Pokemon. How often do you check the top 100 for anime and manga at Amazon? Because once you get past Dragonball, Ghibli, and a handful of other assorted titles, it's basically all Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, Pokemon and Vampire Knight, all Viz titles. Funimation puts out a lot product, giving them a bigger piece of the pie, but I wouldn't be surprised if Viz made more money per title with just those five shows alone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
driverstart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
HOW EXCITING. eff you Viz. Just honestly freakin eff you. You couldn't even get one more Monster dvd out in in 14 months. Congratu-f*cking-lations.

Please, I gave up months ago, especially when they stopped publishing certian volumes of the manga. The thing that blows my mind is that they are still advertising for the manga in other series. That doesn't make sense.

Quote:
They still have their manga line to support them, to Viz they are a manga publisher first and foremost; their anime line is just to make extra money.

Well that's fairly obvious since they treat their anime line like crap unless its Naruto, Bleach, and Death Note.

At this rate, I'm really worried about the future of Cross Game. They don't handle their anime titles well and what could be the fate of this show?
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:29 pm Reply with quote
And in considerably more important news, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4upm6VtUwSs
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:14 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
And in considerably more important news, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4upm6VtUwSs
That's just way too cute. Anime hyper

Anyway, I pretty much stop caring about Viz's anime lines. I've pretty much stopped buying Naruto (especially with knowing how much filler is just being strewn about in Shippuden so it's just not worth it to me anymore), I have or will be getting the Vampire Knight singles, and so far there's no word on when InuYasha the Final Act will be released. They're still my favorite manga publisher, since 85% of my current-run manga comes from them, but anime-wise I'll stick with Funimation and Sentai.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:00 am Reply with quote
driverstart wrote:
At this rate, I'm really worried about the future of Cross Game. They don't handle their anime titles well and what could be the fate of this show?

Viz only has it streaming on Hulu. I really doubt they release it on DVD, which is unfortunate cause it's a great show, but I don't see it happening. Just like I don't think they'd release Ichigo 100% on DVD which is also streaming on Hulu under their name.
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:47 am Reply with quote
The only thing I am buying from Viz right now is Bleach. Nothing else interest me at this time. Unless they somehow decide to release the rest on Monster.
staab99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:05 pm Reply with quote
SDAnimeFan wrote:

And that is a real shame too because Monster is one of my favorite anime shows. I pray that one day it will fully get released here in the states.
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quote
SDAnimeFan wrote:

I'm almost tempted to mail my box set back to Viz with a note attached telling them how I've given up on them as an anime distributer. I want to support the industry and wait on everything to get a legit North American release but I've given up on ever hoping to see the rest of this release. This is one of the few times I've ever felt truly burned by an anime company as having spent $50 on a box set of a truly excellent show never too see the rest of it with no word is not cool.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2