• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga - From Eroica With Love

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabrek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"I find the idea of English roses twirled around a hard German wire to be rather delicious with its sadistic overtones, don't you?"

I was... drinking... tea. Now... I'm wearing tea. And I just finished the laundry. You are a brute, sir.

I enjoyed this column to excess. Alas, I'm shallow and unable to get past the art style - but in my defense, I did give in on Immortal Rain on your recommendation. (I'd note that powells.com still has copies of all releases of that series. If anyone needs a nudge.) Looking forward to more, more, more!
DarkCyradis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic and very thorough/knowledgeable review of a truly underappreciated gem--thank you for this! It's just a shame this manga is starting to become hard to find... I wish of the other manga publishers would pick it up and continue the translations (with the same team who started it--I agree, the translation/adaptation is fantastic! But yes, it'd be great if Klaus cursed Germanically rather than with British terms like "wanker." "Degenerate" is truly a stroke of genius though--definitely better than "queer" as you said!).

One thing, though--did you mean Keiko Takemiya (author of Toward the Terra and The Song of the Wind and the Trees) rather than Keiko Asamiya as Aoike-sensei's fellow 49-er?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2