• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What Are You Considering Buying?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Yeaaah, Kodansha can be weird, just look at Animal Land. After the first few vols sold poorly, they just pause buffered forever after vol 9 or so. I think the last vol (14) should be coming out this October (for the five of us who care), but they did this thing where they delayed the hell out of volumes until I think some came out over a year apart (and it's got nothing to do with it having been ongoing in Japan or something, it was well done by that point)
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:51 pm Reply with quote
As far as what I'm currently eyeing and waiting to save up for, here's what I'm hoping to eventually pre-order...

Natsume's Book of Friends: Ephemeral Bond
Voltes V
Nutcracker Fantasy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm. Now that I got the three above pre-ordered, now eyeing to snag up all the individual DVD volumes of Rune Soldier Louie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:55 am Reply with quote
two major things:

Kuroko’s Basketball 2nd
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders

I’ve been getting sidetracked with smaller purchases that add up, but those two anime are my big WANTS
I try to budget between $100-125 a month on video purchases

EDIT: I was able to fit the Stardust Crusaders discs into my budget! Found a marked down set with bent obi. Only half though, still need the Egypt half. Unfortunately all of the Kuroko 2nd listings I was watching disappeared from eBay after the mail restrictions went into place.

Last edited by luffypirate on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:23 am; edited 2 times in total
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:18 am Reply with quote
I’m really tempted to get the Kodocha BD boxes.... only thing holding me back is that they are SDBD. Really wish it was getting a better treatment. Wonder why they decided to go that route.
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:22 am Reply with quote
Really considering getting the special edition for ID: Invaded since I loved it so much. For Funimation shows, I usually hold off on buying them since if you wait an extra year and a few months after the initial release you can get a complete series for like $20. The last time I bought an LE for a Funimation show was Death Parade.

Decisions decisions...
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Not really, but it's weirdly tempting...

The reality of the new Funimation Paranoia Agent release has finally hit the eBay sellers.
I had the series as a saved search for years and even just a couple months ago people were still trying to sell it for hundreds of dollars.

The last insane sale was on Aug. 18, when someone bought a used set with the box for $300. (Apparently- there are ways for sellers to make it look like something sold for more than it did).

Now a set of the four singles is trending around $40-45 and the set in the box is about double that.

So, even though I've already preordered the steelbook with the Maromi Plush, part of me wants to buy the old set... after years of being denied anything like a decent price.

Might as well wait until it's out though- these prices will probably gop down further once everyone buys the new set and floods the market with the old.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I found the old DVD box set in a second hand book store years ago for $49.95 in pretty good condition. I love the show, but don't feel the need to double dip.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm buying all the new movie BD releases and can't bear to let go of the old ones. Gotta show the love. His stuff may be the only of the sort I I'd do that with though. I'm not usually a double-dipper.

I bought the BD's of Ghibli films, but I gave the old ones to my nephews and nieces. (I may pick up an old Kiki's again at some point- to get the version before they cut Hartman's and Garafalo's ad-libs).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I admit that I did double dip on some Ghibli movies where I had the DVD first and then the BD became available. But that's only because the Ghibli movies are so friggin' gorgeous to look at that of course you want the best visual quality possible.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:02 pm Reply with quote
At least as far as what I'm eyeing for older anime titles at the moment:

-Adolescence of Utena movie
-Ga-Rei Zero
-Legend of Black Heaven (Pioneer release)
-Detroit Metal City
-After the Rain
-School Rumble (both TV seasons and OVA)
-When They Cry: Higurashi (both TV seasons and Rei OVA)
-Kimagure Orange Road: Movie and OVA Set (Discotek)
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Man, there is so much anime, manga and LNs I want to buy I don't know where to even begin. However, I guess my spending priorities are the Dorohedoro manga, Made in Abyss manga, The Saga of Tanya the Evil LNs (I have the first one) and the Goblin Slayer LNs.
DEATH DANCAA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Currently looking to pick up the One Piece movies. And if you can believe it, the 4Kids dub DVDs. Also looking to start collecting the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:45 am Reply with quote
I'm considering going for the 1/350 scale Andromeda from Space Battleship Yamato 2202, but probably won't buy considering how it's going to be released. It's both a long term time and financial investment since it's going to be released as multiple parts sets released on a weekly basis.

They already did the Yamato this way in a 110-issue series called Space Battleship Yamato 2202 1/350 Yamato Weekly Magazine. At around US $17.50 an issue plus shipping, it's easily a $2000 investment. I can imagine that the Andromeda version will be even pricier considering that it's a bigger ship.

This is more a dream than an actual consideration, though.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:57 am Reply with quote
I'm considering buying the Haruhi Suzumiya novels, now that they are being released again.

Trying to figure out the best way to do it.
Amazon, Barnes&Noble, Books-A-Million all have the ones currently available as pre-orders at cover price, $15
I have Prime, so Amazon would be free shipping.

TSRI has them at $11.24, but only have free shipping at $75. I could preorder all that they have listed +1 and get over $75 BUT... they would probably hold the order until the last novel is released in March, not as each is released.

Oh, this month I'd only buy "Sigh of" as I already the first book.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 131 of 132