• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Negima's Akamatsu Wants to Put Dōjinshi on Manga Site

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Good thing this thread is not about an English site or your presumptuous percentage on h-doujin.
PingSoni
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh, this is intensely exciting! The HQ PDFs look lovely on my Sony Reader (PRS-650) and seem to mostly be quite readable. (If this concept proves out, perhaps the image quality can be tweaked just a bit, but it's hard to complain at this price.)

I for one would love to see doujinshi made available this way (or any way).

Ah, I so hope this is the start of something good!
catstigereye

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:30 pm Reply with quote
it works really well at translate though not so much on pdf's.
I love the idea of what this author is trying to do!
think it would be neat to see it happen more often!
Axlen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:27 pm Reply with quote
After seeing some of Akamatsu-sensei's recent twitter posts I'd say that he's in rather low spirits right about now. All the data has not been analyzed yet. Although there has been a lot of site traffic and downloads, the click-through traffic and affiliate sales (Amazon.jp) have been disappointing. Apparently ZERO...

This does not bode well for JCOMI.

Perhaps someone with a better understanding Japanese than I, can review his twitter posts and online diary and confirm this.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:25 pm Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
Akamatsu keeps getting AWESOMER AND AWESOMER.

The only way this could get EVEN BETTER is if it allowed for legal fan scanlation.

No kidding. I would not mind seeing legal doujinshi.

Hopefully this dont backfire. cause I can see those annoying parental advocates going midevil about this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:34 am Reply with quote
Axlen wrote:
After seeing some of Akamatsu-sensei's recent twitter posts I'd say that he's in rather low spirits right about now. All the data has not been analyzed yet. Although there has been a lot of site traffic and downloads, the click-through traffic and affiliate sales (Amazon.jp) have been disappointing. Apparently ZERO...

This does not bode well for JCOMI.

Perhaps someone with a better understanding Japanese than I, can review his twitter posts and online diary and confirm this.

I'm gonna take a stab abit, and i'm guessing that yes, Akamatsu is lamenting the fact that out of hundreds of downloads of Love Hina, nobody bought anything via the Amazon affiliate links.

This tweet (and my horrible attempt at translating) says:

Quote:
ち、ちょっと!45万ダウンロード超えてるのに、ラブひな巻末の「アマゾン・アフィリエイト」購入者数がゼロってどういうわけ?!(笑) これじゃテストにならないので、誰か一人で良いから買ってぇ~!(><)

“W-wait! 450,000+ downloads of Love Hina but no single purchase on Amazon Affiliate account!? Not even worth for test, buy please!!”

Y'know, I think (acceptable) English translations would actually be a good move....well, now, but in the near future (like in the next few months, not years).

Then again, I find it delicious irony that the Japanese can accuse the rest of us as Pirates and lowlifes that only want things for free, yet a fine example is sitting right in their back yard. All 450,000+ of them. Course then 2ch will somehow turn this into a Gaijin hatefest.....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2