• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Newspaper: Girls & Panzer Sequel Tentatively Planned

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
How is a show about girls fighting with Tanks a sports show? Is the world on its head; I haven't seen the show, but even if its about war games, they do not classify as sports. I don't think anyone is going to start calling Infinite Stratos a sports show.

Quite simply really. It is treated as a sport/competition in the anime itself. There are rules, procedures, tournaments, officials, teams, etc. Everything that you would think of in a sports anime. Although personally I refer to GuP as a tournament anime (in the same vein as Saki) but there is no question that senshado is treated as a sport/competition.

As a hypothetical, if there were an anime based around Quidditch tournaments would you not want to refer to it (in terms of genre) as a sports/tournament anime?
jymmy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:20 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
I didn't say that that somehow affected what genre it was in.

Yes you did. You said it was a "moe fighting show", which is meaningless.

And jymmy here with the tone arguments. Spare me.

No, "Heads up - you're acting like a dick" is always worth saying. I phrased it in the way I did in case you weren't aware you come across as a wanker, which apparently you are.
Chagen46 wrote:
moe-styled fighting anime with tanks.

Fencedude5609 wrote:
And what the hell is "moe-styled fighting" supposed to be, precisely?

Chagen46 wrote:
I meant that it was a fighting show with moe-asthetics.

Chaged46 said it was a "moe-styled fighting anime". You interpreted this as meaning an anime in the genre of "moe-styled fighting", and Chaged46 corrected you by saying they meant only that it was a "fighting show" with "moe-asthetics". For the third-odd time, "moe-styled fighting" is not a thing.

An actual point you could have made is "what do moe aesthetics have to do with whether it's a sports anime or a fighting anime?".
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:

An actual point you could have made is "what do moe aesthetics have to do with whether it's a sports anime or a fighting anime?".

I'm pretty sure I did make this point, actually, if not quite that obviously.
jymmy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quote
Actually, I guess you did, yeah. At any rate, Girls und Panzer is absolutely a sports anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3