• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: For a Limited Time Starting on Black Friday: Crunchyroll Provides the Best Gift for Anime Fans t

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like a good deal. I'm up for it.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
three (3) or twelve (12)

Why, thank you, press release. I never would have known what either a 3 or a 12 looked like, had you not clarified that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Why, thank you, press release. I never would have known what either a 3 or a 12 looked like, had you not clarified that.

Scoff if you must, but press releases really do need to be worded as specifically and unambiguously as possible, to prevent people from intentionally or unintentionally misinterpreting what they say. Clarifying the numbers like that might be going a little overboard, but it's hardly worth making a fuss like that over it.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Scoff if you must, but press releases really do need to be worded as specifically and unambiguously as possible, to prevent people from intentionally or unintentionally misinterpreting what they say. Clarifying the numbers like that might be going a little overboard, but it's hardly worth making a fuss like that over it.
Especially when you have almost illiterate toddlers using the internet these days.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Is me math skills getting rusty, or is it in case you subscribe for three months and get 20$ back, wouldn't that be like nearly all the money back?

Stupid me, for a second I thought I'd be able to get faster streaming if I paid more.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Is me math skills getting rusty, or is it in case you subscribe for three months and get 20$ back, wouldn't that be like nearly all the money back?

It's not nearly all of your money, if anything you'll actually make a whole .05 cents off of this!

Quote:
Stupid me, for a second I thought I'd be able to get faster streaming if I paid more.

Yeah, sadly the only real advantage to being a member is getting some titles a week sooner. The speed is as sluggish for members as non-members (they really need to upgrade their servers, I'm tired of the sputtering and lack of meaningful buffer), and the video resolution isn't that great, the difference between 480p and 720p is barely noticeable, it's anything but HD. The lack of ads is nice, but the only real reason I subscribe is to show support to the industry, definitely not because I like Crunchyroll.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crunchycat
I do Marketing for Anime Companies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:16 am Reply with quote
hey atleast this deal for 50 also adds the drama collection to the deal, so thats not all bad, streaming does suck at times but supporting your anime industry just helps them pay for the artists and creators and eventually shows em americans want more stuff imo.

1 yr of anime that includes simulcasting and dramas for $50 is about the price of one season collection anime.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
...[]...and the video resolution isn't that great, the difference between 480p and 720p is barely noticeable, it's anything but HD. The lack of ads is nice, but the only real reason I subscribe is to show support to the industry, definitely not because I like Crunchyroll.

Emerje

Maybe the difference varies from show to show, based on the materials provided by the licensee. Because I've seen some shows on CR that look way better, and in fact really good, in the 720p. Strike Witches 2 and Panty & Stocking come to mind as recent shows I've watched like this.

I just ordered this 12-month deal. To be honest, in the last twelve months there were two seasons where I let my subscription lapse since CR wasn't simulcasting anything I wanted to watch (Spring 2010, after Heroman began to bore me, and Fall 2009. which was just meh). But CR's simulcast selection has improved for me a lot in the last few seasons.

And even if I skip a season in the next year due to no interesting simulcasts, this'll still be cheaper than buying three seasons of anime subscription individually (at 19.99 per 3-month period)...50 USD vs 60 USD. At it's current rate, CR'll probably have simulcasts to keep me subscribed the whole next 12 months.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:11 pm Reply with quote
What gives. Is this deal up again or something?
crunchycat
I do Marketing for Anime Companies

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:59 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
What gives. Is this deal up again or something?

apparently it was good all weekend, maybe cyber monday too.

I agree with einhorn as not everything was worth watching on CR I let my account die but watched Bleach and Naruto mostly but this season was alot more, my friends like watching K dramas so the 50 bucks was a wise deal, as for next season if CR gets Beelzebub im happy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1