• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio Trigger's 1st Inferno Cop Short Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
Clearly, even without translation, this is meant to just be a very silly excursion. Inferno Cop's design is a little too close to Ghost Rider's, but the episode was still funny in a ridiculous way, and the ending was pure Imaishi (mileage may vary, of course).

You can turn on captions on the youtube video for English subs
Myaow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I'll admit that at first I was kind of disappointed that it wasn't the sort of eye-candy stuff that the words "Gurren Lagann" and "Panty and Stocking" make you think about... but I rewatched it a couple of times and hey, it's pretty funny and neat in its own way! The way the characters jerk around reminds me of a couple of fourth graders playing with action figures, or better, paper dolls. It kind of makes the stupidity of the story seem cute!

Also I liked how the corrupt police officer was going home to watch "illegal anime" before he got toasted. Dang!
jymmy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
Clearly, even without translation, this is meant to just be a very silly excursion. Inferno Cop's design is a little too close to Ghost Rider's, but the episode was still funny in a ridiculous way, and the ending was pure Imaishi (mileage may vary, of course).

Without translation? You click on the subtitles button and there's the translation right there in perfectly readable English.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quote
I laughed! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:58 pm Reply with quote
GWOtaku wrote:
It is dreadful. It is barely animation. It is obviously made on the cheap and the anime equivalent of the most low-budget and unfunny Adult Swim programming out there. I expect better from pretty much anyone at all, let alone the talent attached to this thing.

"From the director of Panty and Stocking" Well, that explains that I suppose. I wasn't the biggest fan of Panty and Stocking, though at least Panty and Stocking had a great soundtrack, cute girls. and American cartoon parody aspect going for it. This does indeed seems like something that would fit along side Adult Swim's stuff, which I'm not a fan of. At least it's only a 3 minute series I guess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2