• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hayate the Combat Butler Gets Theatrical Anime Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:33 am Reply with quote
hell yes. as long as it's more like the first series

second series was blah
Dark Paladin X

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:35 am Reply with quote
Man, I really want to see Hayate the Combat Butler! have it's own English dub from Bang Zoom! Cmon Bandai! Please get this show dubbed with Cristina Vee as Nagi. Nagi Sanzenin is made for Cristina Vee.
Zilan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:26 am Reply with quote
Volume 17 doesn't come out till march 8th. Razz
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:26 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

second series was blah

More likely to be like the second, that being the one that closely followed the manga. The series in general went more in that direction.

Could do one of the short 1-2 volume arcs ok. The TV version took 3-5 eps for them. Or more likely we get filler, like most of season 1.
UkiyaSeed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:27 am Reply with quote
Some correction on Kobayashi's work. It's Kamen Rider Ryuki not Dragon Knight. The two shows have a different story. Ryuki is more of a Battle Royale-esque type of show while Dragon Knight is more of the fate of the two worlds lies on a noob. Aside from that, she is currently writing for Kamen Rider OOO.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:32 am Reply with quote
Reaper gI wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

second series was blah

More likely to be like the second, that being the one that closely followed the manga. The series in general went more in that direction.

Could do one of the short 1-2 volume arcs ok. The TV version took 3-5 eps for them. Or more likely we get filler, like most of season 1.
in that case, did the second series actually get better after the first 8 episodes? it was really boring and rather unfunny compared to the first series so i dropped it by episode 8 (anyone can answer this, thanks whoever does)
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:35 am Reply with quote
Zilan wrote:
Volume 17 doesn't come out till march 8th. Razz

Viz delayed it; that far. *sigh*
So the English version is stuck 2 volumes after season 2 then, right before an important arc.
Grrrr.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:20 am Reply with quote
Reaper gI wrote:
Zilan wrote:
Volume 17 doesn't come out till march 8th. :P

Viz delayed it; that far. *sigh*

I've got my fingers crossed that the series in general is slipping three months, rather than the rate of release going from quarterly to every six months... The only other Viz book that I've still got on order (and therefore tracking the release date(s) for it) is the second Rocket Girls novel, and the date for that also slipped, from mid-January to mid-March. Skip Beat! is already bad enough with the duration of the wait between books. I'd rather not see every Viz title that I read do the same.
mad mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:18 am Reply with quote
Quote:
in that case, did the second series actually get better after the first 8 episodes? it was really boring and rather unfunny compared to the first series so i dropped it by episode 8 (anyone can answer this, thanks whoever does)

I definitely like the later part of the season better, but if you didn't like Season 2 to start with...*shrug* Season 2 is closer to the manga, but it also got left with the more serious stories because the first season cherry-picked most of the silly stuff.

Personally I think Season 2 picks up starting with Episode 14, but then, I'm not a huge Hina fan and she kinda dominates the first half.

I'm happy about the movie announcement but also disappointed that we apparently aren't getting a third season. I'm not sure what it'll be about either. There aren't any story arcs that are short enough to base a movie around off hand, so I'm guessing it's either an "anime original" or a retelling of the start of the manga.

Quote:
I've got my fingers crossed that the series in general is slipping three months, rather than the rate of release going from quarterly to every six months... The only other Viz book that I've still got on order (and therefore tracking the release date(s) for it) is the second Rocket Girls novel, and the date for that also slipped, from mid-January to mid-March. Skip Beat! is already bad enough with the duration of the wait between books. I'd rather not see every Viz title that I read do the same.

Viz did the same thing last year, pushing the release date for the fourth (for that year) scheduled volume back three or four months. Overall, we've only been getting three volumes a year for a while now. Bad enough to be 10 volumes behind without all the delays on top of it. Sad
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:18 am Reply with quote
For the love of god, stick with one animation studio already.

I for one did not like season 1 designs, season 2 was better. Now I need to get ready to see a third design because J.C Staff isn't the one making the movie.

Maybe we will finally see A-tan? I mean that arc seems perfect for a movie compared to the sub arcs left after season 2.
mad mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Maybe we will finally see A-tan? I mean that arc seems perfect for a movie compared to the sub arcs left after season 2.

Which one, though? The Golden Week Arc is almost 70 chapters long and even a condensed version would be hard to fit into a movie. The End of the World arc has the opposite problem, being a bit too short and I just don't think they'd greenlight a movie with only two characters, even if Athena is popular.

Still, if they do adapt anything new, it'll probably be Golden Week. They could easily cut out the Wataru bit entirely, some of the early fooling around spoiler[Like the Volleyball Story, or wandering the ruins forever for no real reason.] and leave the End of the World stuff as flashbacks. It would be tough, but doable. Plus it means they could set a Season 3 after Golden Week that would be closer in tone to the original instead of an entire season of action/drama completely unlike the rest of the show.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:33 am Reply with quote
No Freakin way!!!!!! O_O!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:42 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

hahaha.... Hayate pulled a Negima.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:02 am Reply with quote
This just dawned me. This is the first featured film done by Manglobe, isn't it?
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:41 am Reply with quote
Nice to see it's getting a movie. Maybe it means that we'll be getting Season 3 sometime soon?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2