• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: K Anime Gets Sequel Green-Lit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
People hating on K makes Neko cry.

Why would you do such a thing.
SuperVegetto

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Red Fox of Fire wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Probably not, considering Shuffle had that whole Kitto Kitto Kaede club.

"Not the guys with the sheets."

Like Medaka Box a few seasons back, worst anime of the season gets a sequel. Oh, Japan.

And since Sword Art Online is almost definitely getting a sequel, that would make three seasons in a row where the worst show gets a sequel.

And have you watched that sequel? They made it because they knew what would happen in the manga. Medaka Box Abnormal is one of the best animes of the season, after JoJo and along with Shinsekai Yori. It's really [expletive] awesome. And people say the real part where the manga gets at it's best hasn't even started yet
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Sweet more of the Blue chick who seems to wear no panties
Red Fox of Fire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:20 pm Reply with quote
SuperVegetto wrote:
Red Fox of Fire wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Probably not, considering Shuffle had that whole Kitto Kitto Kaede club.

"Not the guys with the sheets."

Like Medaka Box a few seasons back, worst anime of the season gets a sequel. Oh, Japan.

And since Sword Art Online is almost definitely getting a sequel, that would make three seasons in a row where the worst show gets a sequel.

And have you watched that sequel? They made it because they knew what would happen in the manga. Medaka Box Abnormal is one of the best animes of the season, after JoJo and along with Shinsekai Yori. It's really [expletive] awesome. And people say the real part where the manga gets at it's best hasn't even started yet

Indeed I have. It is better than the first season (still completely ridiculous, though), but the first season was still the worst of its time.
Snowballx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Cried my heart out during the last episode lol! OMG I'm soooo excited because I really want to see more between that skateboarder guy and his friend who is in the army or whatever. I really want them to be friends again like they were in that flashback!
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Makes sense. It sold pretty well...

It did? Huh, the Oricon figures were very disappointing, I thought.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Good lord. It's 50/50 here.

Since I'm a cynic more often than not, I suppose this is a series I should avoid. There's this interesting pattern though; all the people saying you should watch K, they have this argument that boils down to this in a nutshell: "If bad writing, no substance, general mediocreness, and just not being that good overall don't bother you, then it's a great show!"

Seriously. Not the world's best endorsement. If the show sucks, and you know as much, what the hell's the point?
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Makes sense. It sold pretty well...

It did? Huh, the Oricon figures were very disappointing, I thought.

First volume ended up selling over 7K and the novels and merchandise sold well. Not all that surprising they greenlit a sequel.

@Precision Crab

To be completely fair, Half the people complaining about the show admitted they dropped it early on. The show got better later down the line. Still not a mindblowingly amazing show but decent enough and it certainly has enough potential for more stories in its universe

Last edited by Divineking on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
PrecisionCrab wrote:
Good lord. It's 50/50 here.

Since I'm a cynic more often than not, I suppose this is a series I should avoid. There's this interesting pattern though; all the people saying you should watch K, they have this argument that boils down to this in a nutshell: "If bad writing, no substance, general mediocreness, and just not being that good overall don't bother you, then it's a great show!"

Seriously. Not the world's best endorsement. If the show sucks, and you know as much, what the hell's the point?
Different shows aim to emphasize different things. K is a bit different than most shows in where it focuses its efforts, so it's reasonable for people to warn folks that it isn't "conventionally good." Still, some people enjoy the stuff that the show does focus on, so they like watching it. I don't see any reason for you to claim that folks are watching something they know sucks.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote
YES! But you know less talking more fighting I hope. Yeah KK would be pretty nice but only if it got a 3rd season. I mean I can just imagine how the all glorious american press would react. It would be connected to the WW2 and all that. Oh that would be hilarious.
glitteringloke

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:04 pm Reply with quote
the only reason i didn't drop it after my 3 trial eps was that it was ONLY 13 eps long. ><

the writing is a hot mess. most of it doesn't make sense and when they do try and explain things, it's so far down the line that i just don't CARE. it's pretty and has great voice acting. that's all i see going for it.

it's the disappointment level that Togainu no Chi gave me :/ so much wasted potential
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote
glitteringloke wrote:
the only reason i didn't drop it after my 3 trial eps was that it was ONLY 13 eps long. ><

the writing is a hot mess. most of it doesn't make sense and when they do try and explain things, it's so far down the line that i just don't CARE. it's pretty and has great voice acting. that's all i see going for it.

it's the disappointment level that Togainu no Chi gave me :/ so much wasted potential

Hey who cares about the plot when the cleaning robots have a recognizable voice actor.
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
glitteringloke wrote:

Honestly that's the one complaint against the show I've never really gotten. I can understand if you think they didn't explain a lot (and you do have to connect the dots for some of it) but it's honestly not that hard to follow and most of the events are foreshadowed enough in advance that it makes sense within the context of the show. Heck even half the stuff they didn't fully explain wasn't all that hard to piece together.

The show does have problems though(the biggest being having way too many characters for a 13 episode show to have a fully fleshed out cast) though I think if the show had been marketed as a mystery series(which is quite obviously what it actually is) instead of whatever...that marketing campaign was it could have avoided some of the issues with initial reactions but eh. Ultimently the show isn't as bad as it'll probably be remembered as.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Personally I liked this show. I'm glad we haven't seen the last of these guys. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Melanchthon wrote:
Personally, I think the sequel to K should be L, but that probably is a bit too cute for it's own good.

Considering all the episodes titles started with "K", that's not actually a bad idea. They could run through the alphabet like QI.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5