• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Soul Eater Manga Series to Launch in January 2011

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I'd be interested in this if it was like an alternative version the story, basically like the mangaka writing FMA anime and manga at the same time. If both stay good, I say go for it.
Mizuneko2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Whoa, I watched Soul Eater during it's original run in '08/'09 and never looked back, so I'm pretty surprised to find out the manga is still on-going. Hopefully a second manga will bring a 2nd season/series. And no, I don't really care about "milking" franchises. I'm a fan. I'd love to see as much manga/anime from a series as possible as long as it's quality.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:59 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Can you say "Soul Eater Season 2 in a year"?

Mizuneko2 wrote:
Whoa, I watched Soul Eater during it's original run in '08/'09 and never looked back, so I'm pretty surprised to find out the manga is still on-going. Hopefully a second manga will bring a 2nd season/series. And no, I don't really care about "milking" franchises. I'm a fan. I'd love to see as much manga/anime from a series as possible as long as it's quality.

Same here, I hope this new Soul Eater manga is a full Soul Eater-style work that can support a full series down the road because the Soul Eater anime was awesome.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Mizuneko2 wrote:
Hopefully a second manga will bring a 2nd season/series.

Better yet, I think it would be awesome if they did a reboot of the anime, like they did with FullMetal Alchemist, when the manga-ka decides to wrap up the series. I absolutely, positively, hated the ending of the Soul Eater anime. I love Soul Eater very much but the ending to the anime was dreadful. I noticed lately that BONES has a bad habit of making up crappy endings for certain series (*coughcoughOuran High School Host Club and the first FMA TVcoughcough*).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Filla Killa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Just started reading the Manga after watching the Anime.

I personally loved the Anime from start to finish.

I want more Soul Eater Anime though so I really think with the Soul Eater Repeat Show and this now it is a sign that A Soul Eater remake is on the table?

Blackstar IS WIN.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2