• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Kiddy Girl-and, Mushi-Uta

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:

garfield15 wrote:
Well, guess I might as well check it out as I liked the first Kiddy Grade.

That's what I thought, too. It's nowhere near as good. The main characters of Kiddy Girl-and substitute moe pandering for the charm of the heroines of Kiddy Grade.

Yeah, one episode down, and I can pretty much tell where this is going.

I mean, 10 minutes in and I was disliking pink-hair already.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:42 am Reply with quote
Kiddy Girl_And got licensed? I have to say I'm extremely surprised it was, indeed, pretty awful as people have already pointed out. Most disappointing, in almost every way possible, and Ascuer's voice makes me want shove sharp objects in my ears.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:53 am Reply with quote
vashthekaizoku wrote:
I watched Kiddy Girl-and for a few reasons. Originally it was because I liked the original. Then when I started watching it and realized it was awful, I finished it for the same reason I watched the dreadful Kuroshitsuji II through to the end. I said to myself, "If I see how it ends, I'm far less likely to go back later and rewatch it out of morbid curiosity."

Heh... That's not too far from my opinion of KG-a. ^^; While I liked Q-feuille, and seeing some of the original Kiddy Grade characters, I didn't like (at all) Ascœur and the little blonde (whose name I've forgotten). The voices and behavior for those two girls were very difficult to tolerate.

The mental pain caused by watching KG-a brought back memories of the pain caused by watching the first 100 or so episodes each of Naruto and Prince of Tennis (although for those two series, instead of hoping that it would evolve into a good series as Kiddy Grade did, it was more like 'so many people say such good things about the characters and story that maybe I just need to watch a few more episodes and the revelation will strike me', and I kept repeating that line to myself [?in a masochistic fashion?])...
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:03 am Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes You don't hunt Mushi. No no. You gotta respect the Mushi. Did Ginko teach you nothing?!
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:38 am Reply with quote
It's hard to believe that I actually liked Final Fantasy Unlimited. Mind you, I only saw the first four fansub episodes. It was all a case of nostalgia from the games. Then, once the dvds came out, I got the first one thinking I would "begin the journey" again. After the first episode, I asked "what the fudge was I thinking back then?" To be young and stupid.

I never liked Kiddy Grade, for some reason; never hit me. Might try Mushi-Uta just for curious sake.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:52 pm Reply with quote
The best part of Kiddy Girl and- was Norio Wakamoto as Tama. Seriously, he had one line to say, but everything he does is awesome. The rest of the show was a big step down from the original Kiddy Grade though.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I watched Kiddy Grade and I love that show. I heard about the sequel and hoping it would come to US at some point. Now Crunchyroll got it, thank you Crunchyroll. I hope Funimation can get the license for the show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:36 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
I watched Kiddy Grade and I love that show. I heard about the sequel and hoping it would come to US at some point. Now Crunchyroll got it, thank you Crunchyroll. I hope Funimation can get the license for the show.

Unfortunately, Kiddy Girl-and isn't Kiddy Grade, so you would do yourself a favor to lower your expectations before beginning to watch it.
MarineCorps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:48 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:

AS everyone else has said. Kiddy girl is no where near the level that kiddy grade is. The whoie show was painful, every time you think it's about to go somewhere it jumps back and goes to pandering the moe
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:16 am Reply with quote
Finally, now I can finally check it out. Mushi-Uta, man it's been awhile since I heard that title.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:54 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Unfortunately, Kiddy Girl-and isn't Kiddy Grade, so you would do yourself a favor to lower your expectations before beginning to watch it.

MarineCorps wrote:
AS everyone else has said. Kiddy girl is no where near the level that kiddy grade is. The whoie show was painful, every time you think it's about to go somewhere it jumps back and goes to pandering the moe

I'll be the one to judge that. Your opinion does not effect the way I watch my anime. If I want to watch that, then let me watch it. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:27 pm Reply with quote
scottfrye wrote:
@egoist: Kiddy Grade and Kiddy Grade-and are not the same series nor is Kiddy Grade-and a sequel.

I guess you did not read the new announcement properly.

He's the quote since your blind.

" Kiddy Girl-and is the 2009 sequel to 2002's Kiddy Grade anime, and it takes place decades after the events of the original series. "

I think that says itself. Either way , it looks interesting and since i liked kiddy grade , i'll like kiddy girl - and as well.

Now all that is left is for the guys at funi to license the series for the US cause if they treat this series like what they did to Hell Girl , I'm gonna be pissed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:48 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:

I'll be the one to judge that. Your opinion does not effect the way I watch my anime. If I want to watch that, then let me watch it. Mad

I didn't advise you not to watch it, only to lower the expectations you apparently had of it, based on Kiddy Grade.

I've always found it better to go in with low expectations and be pleasantly surprised than visa versa.

Please feel free to come back and tell me I was totally off base once you finish it. Smile

I'm guessing you have no interest in hearing that I found Mushi-Uta enjoyable enough to finish the series in a day, but perhaps someone else here will.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:39 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Now all that is left is for the guys at funi to license the series for the US cause if they treat this series like what they did to Hell Girl , I'm gonna be pissed.

I'm not aware that Funi did anything wrong with Hell Girl. They licensed the complete series, dubbed it in its entirety, and chose some beautiful artwork for the six covers. That sounds just fine to me. What did I miss?
TJR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:34 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Kiddy Girl_And got licensed? I have to say I'm extremely surprised it was, indeed, pretty awful as people have already pointed out. Most disappointing, in almost every way possible, and Ascuer's voice makes me want shove sharp objects in my ears.

The license must've really dropped in price.

At the very least, some Kiddy Grade fans (who're still following anime) might be compelled to check out the streams. However, I wonder how many might stick around beyond the first couple episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3