• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nichijou Manga Gets Anime by Kyoto Animation

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote
KyoAni, go waste your greatness of moe.
PlatinumHawke

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:51 am Reply with quote
In during a post complaining about KyoAni doing something other than another season of Full Metal Panic.
ZenErik

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:57 am Reply with quote
Took a peak at about 10 pages of the manga. Looks like something I might possibly be into. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:57 am Reply with quote
*insert generic rant about KyoAni whores losing their collective feces for mediocrity here*
Greggo

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:00 am Reply with quote
Do want.

Come on guys, we gotta have our light and fluffy stuff...gotta stimulate that Japanese economy, you know? Very Happy
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:04 am Reply with quote
Greggo wrote:

Come on guys, we gotta have our light and fluffy stuff...gotta stimulate that Japanese economy, you know? Very Happy

... I'm not even going to try.
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:17 am Reply with quote
Huh? This series slipped right past me... I'll have to check out the manga and see how it is. If it's KyoAni then there's a good chance I'll like it though Smile

And while I wish they would continue FMP, I think it's very important for them to wait on the original story to be completed before rushing into it. The last thing we want is for them to make up a random end to the series that ruins the anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:40 am Reply with quote
Greggo wrote:

But don't they have K-ON! for that?

From the looks of this manga, it doesn't sound all that interesting to me.
But who knows how it'll turn out.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:18 am Reply with quote
I don't know what it's about, but as long as it's cute and slice-of-life and has addictive thought-virus theme songs, I'm all in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kalessin

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:09 am Reply with quote
Okay. I've really liked pretty much everything that I've seen from Kyoto Animation. They do great stuff. But I have to admit that every time that I hear about yet another announcement from Kyoto Animation about a new show that isn't a new Full Metal Panic series, I get a bit ticked. There's plenty of material there to do more without any risk of catching up with the novels, even if the next one isn't the last like it was originally supposed to be. They're taking long enough that I seriously worry that we'll never see more FMP anime produced. Much as I like KyoAni's other stuff, I like FMP the best, and to keep putting it off...

Well, at least there's a good chance that this new series will be good since most of their other stuff is. I've never heard of it before, so I'll just have to wait and see what I think of it. It wouldn't make sense to complain about this show being produced except that it means that it'll be that much longer until more FMP is produced. Here's to hoping that this show is a good one, at least.
Cloud668

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:28 am Reply with quote
Wow. I am fine with Kyoani not doing a Full Metal Panic series (I am guessing they will just wait till the light novels are over, which is now gonna be further away than before), but couldn't they spend their resources a little better by doing something more serious instead of another slice-of-life moeblob? Heck, I don't even hold any grudge against the genre, but they could've done the spectacular job they usually do on another series.
TJR

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:14 am Reply with quote
Cloud668 wrote:
but couldn't they spend their resources a little better by doing something more serious instead of another slice-of-life moeblob? Heck, I don't even hold any grudge against the genre, but they could've done the spectacular job they usually do on another series.

It depends on what you mean by spending resources better. As a business, they make way more money by pushing out slice-of-life moe that fans keep lapping up.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:36 am Reply with quote
Cloud668 wrote:
Wow. I am fine with Kyoani not doing a Full Metal Panic series (I am guessing they will just wait till the light novels are over, which is now gonna be further away than before), but couldn't they spend their resources a little better by doing something more serious instead of another slice-of-life moeblob? Heck, I don't even hold any grudge against the genre, but they could've done the spectacular job they usually do on another series.

moe-slice-of-life: guaranteed to sell and make lots and lots of $$$$$

more serious stuff: 50% of breaking even, 30% of failing, 20% of some $

Oh my, what ever decision would a business reach?
garfield15

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:59 am Reply with quote
"Time to go make millions of dollars."

And again, just like anything else with KyoAni, I'll probably watch this. (I think I can definitely say I've seen just about everything by KyoAni)
4nBlue

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:02 am Reply with quote
Cloud668 wrote:

Yes I agree that Kyoani could spend their resources on something that requires Kyoani level of animation, but the one deciding Nichijou or FMP being animated is Kadokawa.

AND Nichijou isn't a slice-of-life moeblob series, it's a comedy (kind of like even weirder Pani Poni). I don't know where some people got that idea, did they decide what kind series this will be based on one promo image? Just look at the cover of vol. 1, that's a deer on a desk, how can you except anything but absurd comedy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4