• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bakuman Manga Gets 2nd TV Anime Next Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Great news. Very Happy
Ohoni

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Sooo, is the show going to air continuiously until then, or is it going on hiatus at some point? When I first read the announcement I'd just assumed that the series was going to be ongoing, so by "second series" I thought they meant that Otters 11, Crow, +Natural, PCP, or one of the other sub-series was getting picked up as a full anime.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I hope the second season focuses on the good part of the manga. Right now it's almost unbearable to watch Bakuman because they're focusing on the worst part. And they're expanding it. Ugh.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Sooo, is the show going to air continuiously until then, or is it going on hiatus at some point? When I first read the announcement I'd just assumed that the series was going to be ongoing, so by "second series" I thought they meant that Otters 11, Crow, +Natural, PCP, or one of the other sub-series was getting picked up as a full anime.

Bakuman has 25 episodes slated, so the current series will wrap up at the end of the Winter season, leaving a 2 season gap until the next series starts in the Fall.
Alkeia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:38 pm Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
clipeuh wrote:
The anime so far has been kinda hit-and-miss. I hate how they seem to focus more on the love aspect of the manga (which is weak and dumb by moments) than just the manga industry aspect.

Also, the characters seems to get off-model 50% of the time. They should have used Madhouse like Death Note.

That's thanks to Studio DEEN.

... JC Staff is in charge of this show, not DEEN. It would have been 10x worse if that were the case.
Mizuneko2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:33 am Reply with quote
I called this just the other day while watching the latest episode! I should've said it out loud/posted my guess lol:

Though I haven't read the comic, I love the anime (my favorite show this season) and figured since the comic is still being produced and the show is continuing through next season, they would most likely NOT end the story of the anime and continue it later next fall.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:54 pm Reply with quote
This is amazing news, hopefully Season 2 will be 25 episodes just like Season 1.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Of course Bakuman is getting another season. What, did you think for the first time that a Shonen Jump anime would only get 13 episodes? It has to have at least 37 episodes, the same as Death Note.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2