• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Tegami Bachi: Reverse Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Finally!! I was waiting for so long for this to get a NA release. Though I am bummed out that its only sub. I would also have loved a BD release--but I think there is no BD even in Japan so w/e. Wanted dub though >.<
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote
...well now this is surprise but since it's such along series I can understand not giving a dub "in before sub only is killing the industry, go die sentai", just be happy you whiners. Also I am thinking the finical risk are to high for 50 plus episode anime despite how big the fan-base is, this is around 200 dollar investment alone for the sub only dvd's
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I was assuming that because Sentai released the first season that it would also release Reverse, but it's nice to have it all official like. It is a pity there's no BD because it is a visually interesting show, imo, but it'll still look pretty good on DVD.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy to hear that the first release sold enough for Sentai to want to release the next. It's good to see that the "fringe", non-booby* titles can still turn a profit.

* (Nothing against ecchi - to each their own and I know it helps line the North American anime industry's pockets.)
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:46 pm Reply with quote
This makes me wonder exactly how poorly Glass Mask sold to not even be worth having it's second half released. Neutral Not that a comparison can really be made between any of the other shows and Glass Mask, but jebus man.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:06 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
This makes me wonder exactly how poorly Glass Mask sold to not even be worth having it's second half released. Neutral Not that a comparison can really be made between any of the other shows and Glass Mask, but jebus man.
Trust me, I still wonder that too, since it's going on three years since Collection One was released. I know Sentai said a little while back that they were "working" on a way to get the second half to us, but never elaborated on that and nothing has been seen since. Crying or Very sad

I know Crunchyroll streams the whole series on their site, but I really, REALLY want to have both halves in my collection and be able to watch it on DVD whenever I want, not just watch half and then have to go online for the rest. Again. And again. AND AGAIN.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
willag wrote:
Trust me, I still wonder that too, since it's going on three years since Collection One was released. I know Sentai said a little while back that they were "working" on a way to get the second half to us, but never elaborated on that and nothing has been seen since. Crying or Very sad

I know Crunchyroll streams the whole series on their site, but I really, REALLY want to have both halves in my collection and be able to watch it on DVD whenever I want, not just watch half and then have to go online for the rest. Again. And again. AND AGAIN.

I would love to have it too. I love how much anime is available legally online, but the problem is that licenses expire and eventually shows are taken down.

I wonder if since Glass Mask is such a popular title in Japan it cost a lot to license in America?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1