• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Winter 2013 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yoma-Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:37 am Reply with quote
Is there anything that is dark or violent this season?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:52 am Reply with quote
Yoma-Hunter wrote:

Maybe that Hakkenden show? Didn't watch that one. Otherwise, I don't think so. Otherwise, I think the only dark and violent show running right now is Psycho-Pass.
rheiders

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:55 am Reply with quote
Yoma-Hunter wrote:

There's not much, but you might try The Unlimited.

EDIT: Hakkenden isn't that violent right now, though there appears to be some mystery at the center of it. It's more of a fantasy action show, though, and so far has been focusing more on slice of life and comedy elements. Could change, and there are some mildly grotesque/creepy elements since it's a youkai show, but I don't know if I would call it "dark and violent."
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Yoma-Hunter wrote:

Yeah, you wanna be watching Psycho Pass, which started last season but is continuing this one. (Assuming you aren't already!) This season is pretty cuddly all around, but that show has quite enough darkness and violence to tide you over until next season, which will have some pretty intense stuff.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:21 am Reply with quote
There's also JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, though I wouldn't call it dark. Plenty violent though!
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I also say Psycho-Pass. I guess you could say Blast of Tempest is somewhat dark, but it's not gross-out or horribly violent. It's just that there are people on the streets who have been turned into metal (or whatever it is they've turned into) and the characters are walking around this disaster area.

Then there's Btooom. I don't know if it still continues this season, but that's all about being dark and pushing your buttons.

Of the Winter shows I've seen, they're all not in a genre where things would be dark.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
rheiders wrote:
Yoma-Hunter wrote:

There's not much, but you might try The Unlimited.

I would second The Unlimited, since it is a show about a spoiler[criminal organization], and one of the leads has no problem with spoiler[killing lots of people to achieve his objective]

Everything else that started this season, seems to be more character driven stuff, comedies, as slice-of-life.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 49 of 49