• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oreshura/Ore no Kanojo (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I believe the other girl who will be joining them is the spoiler[student morals committee member] who has been giving both Chiwa and Masuzu a hard time. and yes, i would also like to see Chiwa fight back against Masuzu. it would be very satisfying
Riddley

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote
I keep asking myself if they are going to go down the route of picking one girl as the love interest or go true harem style. I'm not sure which I would prefer lol.

I like this series for it's honesty. Chiwa's reaction to Eita, as dtm's post points out, is very true to form. And Eita's reaction would be as well.

I think that stands to this anime's credit (or maybe more to the writer's).
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:22 am Reply with quote
I'm calling it now.

The next big trend in anime is delusional girl.
mad mac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm calling it now.

The next big trend in anime is delusional girl.

Yep.

You know, I started watching this show on a whim knowing I was pretty burnt out on harems, and the above average execution drew me in, but I think this episode taught me that it's the exact moment that a third girl get added that I lose all patience. I can't even bring myself to care the tiniest bit about inevitable 4th girl.

I mean, unless the added girls are just exceptionally entertaining, (and they almost never are, they're afterthoughts.) it's completely pointless. We all know that only the first two matter, and even then Chiwa's doom is at 95% and climbing.

Quote:
Although I like the story in general, the persistent stupidity that seems to be required of the male harem lead is tiresome and far too predictable. Do you have to look incredibly guilty when you haven't done anything wrong?

He does have the barest hints of a personality, which is something, I suppose.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

spoiler[And here comes Hime, the ex girlfriend.
Those two girls were surprised, to put it mildly.
Eita's past life just keeps emerging.
Masuzu was not happy about Hime, neither was Chiwa.
It was another surprise that Masuzu gave up so easily when it came to dropping everything and going back home.
Eita's diary sure got a lot of unwanted attention this time.
And so Himeka joined their little club/harem.]
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Dude, someone needs to kick that blonde girl in the stomach.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious about driver/thug dude. Presumably, the girl isn't independently wealthy, and he's hired by her dad. I can't imagine the dad would tell him "let her do whatever she wants," but rather "keep her out of trouble." Then again, anime rich families never make a whole lot of sense.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
I'm curious about driver/thug dude. Presumably, the girl isn't independently wealthy, and he's hired by her dad. I can't imagine the dad would tell him "let her do whatever she wants," but rather "keep her out of trouble." Then again, anime rich families never make a whole lot of sense.

In the real world he would have been arrested for assault of a school student on school property.

Having said that I am not much inclined to demand much fidelity to reality in this anime. Nor should you.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote
6eps of this already yea still keep wonder to expect give mid eps coming up.

yea so far

eita - give hiding chuu past & being anti-love give deep down he down care for the females.

masu - give bit a troll & planner give more to her to be shown give family probs deep down she might defrost.

chiwa - hyper girl who also had back issue in past yet she more to show.

masu's sister- bigger TROLL than masu really seen latest ep oh my yea good thing eita call her a blonde airhead.

himeka - another person with chuu life give she lonely til eita appear now bit get more to show in life.

give next ep is hall monitor wonder what she is?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:48 am Reply with quote
Wait, I didn't really get the Jojo reference this episode by Masuzu. It was towards the end but I didn't understand it.

Anyways, looking forward to next time as the final girl has been introduced. About time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:08 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Wait, I didn't really get the Jojo reference this episode by Masuzu. It was towards the end but I didn't understand it.

I think that was the point: she was saying it was a Jojo reference to mask her legitimate feelings.

Anywho, after having marathoned Chunibiyou demo Koi ga Shite yesterday (and entirely by coincidence), I have to say the Hime plot is a total rip-off.
誤称

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote
Svidrigailov wrote:

Anywho, after having marathoned Chunibiyou demo Koi ga Shite yesterday (and entirely by coincidence), I have to say the Hime plot is a total rip-off.

Except that Oreshura was in print prior to Chuu2koi was published. So it would be better to say Chuu2koi is a rip off.
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote
I stand corrected.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote
suddenly, Masuzu is much more likeable when Mana is around. Not sure why you have to look at it as a rip off.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh geez, now they're adding the fourth girl. Of course, we knew they would, since she's in the OP, but I'm still annoyed. For a guy who hates love, he sure is surrounded by a lot of girls who fight over him. And don't get me started on the haughty sister and her thug of a bodyguard. Not that Masuzu is much better.

This is definitely one of the weaker shows I'm following at the moment. Even GJ-bu is better than this. I thought the first episode or two had promise but the subsequent material has just been real poor.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9