• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oreshura/Ore no Kanojo (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote
That rubbing sound you hear is my respect for this series sliding with every episode. The final scene was a somewhat interesting twist (I do like spoiler[the aunt], but overall this is becoming just an ordinary (albeit mostly clean) harem series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
The spoiler[Aunt] saw through the phoniness. Next week's episode should be a good one.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Ai-chan ftw. Honestly, my original favorite character was Masuzu but now seems to be that pink haired girl now.

And oh, that spoiler[wedding dress] on her looks perfecto.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Riddley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
That rubbing sound you hear is my respect for this series sliding with every episode. The final scene was a somewhat interesting twist (I do like spoiler[the aunt], but overall this is becoming just an ordinary (albeit mostly clean) harem series.

Wait, so loss of respect is something that slides and gives off a rubbing sound? I'm not sure how to take that...

I actually am having the opposite experience. The more it goes on, the more interested I am to see how it ends up. It's too clean so far to end up a run-of-the-mill harem show I think. I laughed really hard at the beginning with the seduction thing. And the ending was interesting.

I would say thought that I think hinges on the next episode. If they screw this up, then I don't think it can recover easily.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
That rubbing sound you hear is my respect for this series sliding with every episode. .

Riddley wrote:
I actually am having the opposite experience.

I am somewhere between, but I don't know what kind of sound that makes. There is simply no denying that we are firmly in generic harem comedy territory here, but I somehow retain some sort of interest in the male lead. He managed to cool the requisite shopping center scene with "OK I'll spend 20 minutes with each of you" and it worked! At the moment I can't think of any comparable assertion from an MHL before, can you?

Honestly, I don't think I would be able to put up with any of those hens for more than 20 minutes anyway. He could be onto a long-term solution here.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Oh, don't dispute at all that the MHL actually taking charge and arranging the time-share, rather than having it thrust upon him, is a fresher approach, but the last 3-4 episodes have seemed mired in the worst of harem cliche content. Consequently, the series has lost the more high-minded concept that it started with. I agree that it hasn't yet past the point where it can't recover, but it's getting close.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Scytalle
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Honestly, I don't think I would be able to put up with any of those hens for more than 20 minutes anyway. He could be onto a long-term solution here.

If only life was as easy as that.

I'm pretty happy with how this episode wrapped up. They needed something to come in and shake up the characters badly. I'm just thankful it wasn't Masuzu's little sister, because we've already been down that road twice. But really, whose aunt would say that to her nephew with all the girls right there. Seems really inconsiderate to me.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:15 am Reply with quote
Well trying to understand what I most enjoy is not actually the series itself, but each character and their interactions seem to bring something together. All together it feels a bit messy and standard harem. By themselves they stand: Chiwa being a great childhood friend, the two are friends, he cares about her a lot, and is rather humorous. Masuzu's fake girlfriend thing is not too common, she reminds me of a favourite anime character, and her mix of teasing/being a little mean, works great with how she is developing beyond that. Himeka's delusional yet earnest behavior again reminds me of another character I enjoyed recently, her rash behavior goes stops from getting too stale, she also kind of reminds me of Sakurasou's Mashiro. Ai, well she is surprisingly crazy in terms of her attempts, although I am not really too happy with her making them in a relationship over something so stupid, it is usually a cheap sort of trick, but still entertaining.

Episode 10

If there is one thing I like it is how they could have it start cheery, then have the music deteriate as something unexpected happened, which was Masuzu showing up, which he should have seen comming. And that ending, his aunt spoiler[just steamrolled over the fakeness]. Hopefully this means we could have an actual choice, but these harem series rarely have someone chosen despite such questions asked.

Team Ai seems to be increasing, but I am just not a fan of the hole she dug herself and that she can't own up to it, at least I found the confession bit funny, and that said there will be no winter. And at least them knowing each other in the past is out there, despite that I think the only real choices are Masuzu for being the main female character, or Chiwa for being the closest to him. Makes me want to go for the underdog, Himeka, him trying to choose whether to hold or look (and peaches) made me think he is not entirely against relations.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm still on Team Ai, but spoiler[Hime] looks pretty damn good in a bikini. I didn't expect expect her to have that kind of figure
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

spoiler[Wow, this is officially a harem now.
He managed to collect five girls so far.
Every single one of them has some kind of feelings for him as well.
That little quiz was kinda fun, but put Masuzu in an awkward position.
Eita - Masuzu relationship was weird from the start.
Wonder if those two have any true feelings for each other or it's still just an act.
Guess we'll see next time on their trip.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I really hope there is no cliche ending, but I fear Masuza is somehow going to win, even though I feel Ai is more deserving.

Edit:Now that I think about it really isn't a spoiler.

Last edited by WhiteHairGirls on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
I really hope there is no cliche ending, but I fear Masuza is somehow going to win, even though I feel Ai is more deserving.

Your prediction was not a spoiler because it was just a prediction, so I removed the spoiler tags.

Ai is in a weird position, given that she has this fiction going for her rivals but her love interest and boy-BFF are fully aware of it. But she serves up the closest we have to an LOL moment here, specifically when Eita calls her on looking around for his signature stamp.

My prediction is that it is going to end up ambiguous/unresolved: tune in for more hijinks in the next season. Given auntie's observations, and the fact that Eita offered to break up on a moment's notice, I suspect that Masuzu and Eita really aren't into each other.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

I like how Ai answered spoiler[twice as tsun and dere]. Not to mention the aunt could could recognise spoiler[her as a tsundere.] And useing video game logic to tell about love, that reminds me of somene, god only knows who it is though.

Personally I think she told them exactly what they needed for Eita to have a proper relationship: Ai to stop to just be straight, Chiwa to be careful of the friendzone, Hime to actually get close to him, and Masuzu to stop all the fake stuff and admit to herself. I am still betting on the Masuzu camp, the relationship is all fake as it the way she acts, but she has got feelings for him that makes them rather similar.

And it is official his probably spoiler[male friend], most likely has a spoiler[crush on him too,] yay for spoiler[yaoi] route.
Ghost10516

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 11

And useing video game logic to tell about love, that reminds me of somene, god only knows who it is though.

I love you so much.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:21 am Reply with quote
Ghost10516 wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 11

And useing video game logic to tell about love, that reminds me of somene, god only knows who it is though.

I love you so much.

Love is such a sweet illusion. Anime catgrin

I could also say that I am quite confident on how the series coupling will go so: "I can see the ending".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9