• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seattle's Sakura-Con Hosts Idol Group Berryz Kobo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote
To a partial degree this is like a dream come true, and I could die a happy otaku after seeing this concert. The reason it's only partially awesome is because I really was hoping *C-ute would be performing at AX next year. Now I know this is slim to none with Berryz Kobo already performing at another con earlier that year.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Now if they don't have some stupid commercial advertising this with Japanese stereotypes, then the world will be a better place.
Splash

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:52 pm Reply with quote
asdfdf they're totally gonna sing inazuma songs up the wazoo with how many awesome songs they've done for the series. WISH I COULD GO. Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
To a partial degree this is like a dream come true, and I could die a happy otaku after seeing this concert. The reason it's only partially awesome is because I really was hoping *C-ute would be performing at AX next year. Now I know this is slim to none with Berryz Kobo already performing at another con earlier that year.

Wait what? Why does a Berryz appearance cancel out C-ute's ability to appear overseas in the same year? Hangry&Angry and Morning Musume both came to America in the same year, at Sakura-Con and AX respectively, and Yossie "Hangry" even showed up at AX as well. They're all under the same management too, so why would it matter?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
toyNN

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I'd be more excited if it was Morning Musume but getting Berryz Kobo isn't bad for Sakura-con.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:07 am Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
Wait what? Why does a Berryz appearance cancel out C-ute's ability to appear overseas in the same year? Hangry&Angry and Morning Musume both came to America in the same year, at Sakura-Con and AX respectively, and Yossie "Hangry" even showed up at AX as well. They're all under the same management too, so why would it matter?
It's just my own speculative logic in thinking about it. Nothing based on evidence. I don't know much about those other groups you mentioned but the clincher with Berryz Kobo is that 2 of C-ute's singers are members of Berryz Kobo also. Idols in these groups are very busy and having them travel abroad can be a burden. They might not want Miyabi and Momoko to make 2 separate trips to the U.S. in the same year. Also having variety is a key factor in a con's decision in which acts to have. Perhaps the idea was already put out to bring C-ute over, but the management decided Berryz Kobo would be a better choice instead. I think C-ute would be just such an awesome act for AX though, and I'm a huge fan.
Seca

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:03 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
It's just my own speculative logic in thinking about it. Nothing based on evidence. I don't know much about those other groups you mentioned but the clincher with Berryz Kobo is that 2 of C-ute's singers are members of Berryz Kobo also. Idols in these groups are very busy and having them travel abroad can be a burden. They might not want Miyabi and Momoko to make 2 separate trips to the U.S. in the same year. Also having variety is a key factor in a con's decision in which acts to have. Perhaps the idea was already put out to bring C-ute over, but the management decided Berryz Kobo would be a better choice instead. I think C-ute would be just such an awesome act for AX though, and I'm a huge fan.

You're confusing C-ute with Buono! as Berryz Kobo and C-ute don't share members. Buono! on the other hand is the trio that consists of Miyabi and Momoko of Berryz Kobo and Airi of C-ute.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1