• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love Live! School idol project (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 4.

Either this is really good or I am really just a sucker for this sort of thing.

In this kind of anime you always know there is going to be a turnaround, but how that turnaround happens is what is important. And it is a job well done when you don't see it coming, as it did in this episode.
casualfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Personally I don't like how spoiler[ the two girls just join in after dragging Mayochin. Especially Rin who's already interested in the track club.] Still another nice episode. Next episode should be hilarious with the tsundere girl.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:12 am Reply with quote
casualfan wrote:
Personally I don't like how spoiler[ the two girls just join in after dragging Mayochin. Especially Rin who's already interested in the track club.]
spoiler[Maki had been building up to that moment for quite a while; for Rin it seemed like she was just doing what was expected of her - like when she gave up wearing a skirt]. My main issue is that spoiler[those two bullying poor Mayochin into it doesn't so even warrant an acknowledgement].
casualfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
casualfan wrote:
Personally I don't like how spoiler[ the two girls just join in after dragging Mayochin. Especially Rin who's already interested in the track club.]
spoiler[Maki had been building up to that moment for quite a while; for Rin it seemed like she was just doing what was expected of her - like when she gave up wearing a skirt]. My main issue is that spoiler[those two bullying poor Mayochin into it doesn't so even warrant an acknowledgement].

Well, their method might be a bit forceful, but calling it bullying is a bit harsh. Bullying is usually intended to hurt others either physically or mentally. The two girls were just trying to help Mayochin and spoiler[ she was happy at the end. ]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Kayochin

so it seemed like the show was implying that the spoiler[Student Council President] was the one tospoiler[ record the girls and post the video on the web], but her attitude towards the whole thing says otherwise. I look forward to seeing how she is roped into the group
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5.

I'm surprised that this anime isn't getting more attention than it seems to be getting. It's true that it is fairly predictable (although that first concert took me by surprise) but in some ways it is better than Idolmaster.

That student council president would be a total tyrant without her VP. She seems like a nice girl but she really knows how to be a pill.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I just don't think there's a lot to talk about for this kind of show. The Idolmaster thread only made 3 pages for its 25 episodes.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:17 am Reply with quote
I know I am a sucker for this kind of show! It's in my top 3 streaming atm.

I like the bigger group now, and I look forward to hearing the wisdom from spoiler[Nico Nico Ni!]
casualfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:02 am Reply with quote
I love Nico. She makes great addition to the show with her comedic harsh lines. She's the best tsundere character i've seen in a long time.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:10 am Reply with quote
casualfan wrote:
I love Nico. She makes great addition to the show with her comedic harsh lines. She's the best tsundere character i've seen in a long time.

I think her "Nico" poses are a bit cloying and don't come off as very genuine. But she is a necessary character. I'm glad she didn't get to be the leader.
casualfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:10 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
casualfan wrote:

I think her "Nico" poses are a bit cloying and don't come off as very genuine. But she is a necessary character. I'm glad she didn't get to be the leader.

I find her Nico act to be funny, but you're definitely right about the not genuine part. It's her made-up character to make herself more idol-like. So the fake feeling from it is intended.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote
casualfan wrote:
It's her made-up character to make herself more idol-like. So the fake feeling from it is intended.

I just remembered she reminds me of Akira from Lucky Channel (skit for Lucky Star), one of my all-time favorite anime characters. Of course Nico is nowhere near as venal but let's see what she can do.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:36 pm Reply with quote
she looks good with her hair down though.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7.

I seem to be the only one here watching this and I wonder why it doesn't generate more interest. This little trifle keeps delivering.

It was hard to see where the Student Council President was coming from, but now they explained it and it makes (almost) perfect sense. It doesn't mean she's right to oppose Muse but it does explain it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio gave a reason why two weeks ago. you definitely aren't the only one watching
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9