• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love Live! School idol project (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I love this show, but as far as talking about it, there isn't a lot to say.

I was thinking today as I watched it though that the only way I would enjoy it more was if they showed more of the choreography and practicing parts, but that may only be because I have taken dance several years (until this year) and am a junkie for that sort of thing.

Of course, if they DID do that, I would of course be the one watching it over and over to learn it ad do it with them. And maybe even invite a friend over to do it with me. Yeah, I am THAT girl.

Maybe with them wanting spoiler[the Student Council President to teach them dance, I'll get my wish!]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote
so my guess is that the girls will either win first place or finish in a very close second, but the spoiler[school will still close down]. Kotori's mom seems dead-set on this happening
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote
Episodes 3 to 8

This is a well done show, sad it is not getting more discussion, but maybe it is that story really is not its strong point. Actually the strong point in my head are would be the work put into the music and animation that might sell some products, I know that I am tempted to rewatch some bits on Youtube or something to just watch the idol scenes. But watching six episodes straight has left me a little exhausted, not to mention I also watched the six episodes of AKB0048 Second Stage today. It did let me do a good comparison though of the two series. Personally I don't feel the strong emotion that I felt in AKB0048, that probably comes from that show's sci-fi aspect allowing deeper story, but I do think Love Live does a great job with the cg dance scenes, they less jarring here than they are in AKB0048. Although there are still times characters look a little freaky in their cg forms.

I guess the characters are likeable, my favourites would probably come down to Rin and Nico. I find Rin's boyish character to be adorable, to be honest it might be that she reminds me of Mako-chan, but I find her humorous too. And as for Nico, well she is funny; she is selfish, bad tempered, fakes cuteness, and has all those funny expressions. Nico also reminds me of Niko. The study episode was particulary funny with these two and Honoka.
Doomcaliber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I find Honoka to be deadly annoying but all the other characters are likeable. I'm especially a fan of Maki and Umi. As for the idol contest, my prediction is that they wont "officially win" but the viewers and fan will show them love anyway and they become famous regardless of the results, learning the important life lesson that friendship conquers all. Btw, are "school idols" really a big deal in japan or is that just something this show made up?
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:22 am Reply with quote
Well, about time the whole group came together. All for one and one for all. Nice ED song there as well this episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
That was pretty cool. I certainly didn't think they would use a 2.5 year old music video as their spoiler[first song as a complete group]. looks like we get to see spoiler[Kotori] as the Charisma Maid next episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

One thing I noticed was that they did not animate their supposed concert this time, which is pretty understandable with how expensive it probably has been to do so. It made it look especially sad that instead we got a pretty uninteresting slide show, such a thing would usually not be a problem, but just a problem of our hopes being made to high.

But the real deal was the whole maid thing in this episode. It was nice, but my sense of belief is kind of tarnished as I tend to not be a fan of what I live action shots I have seen of such maids, in my opinion comming off as fake. Again not usually a big deal, but I already have a hard time digesting what I feel as the fake cutesy act that I have seen of real idols on video. For example look at Nico. Not that I did not really enjoy it as it was able to give Kotori the limelight.

Apparently they got more fans when the pres got in, don't worry I still prefer Nico, even if she is fake. Perhaps it is becaus she is fake? The expressions sell her too.

Also, isn't it kind of spoiler[illegal for that shop to sell products of muse without their permision]? Their spoiler[faces are even on them and there were CDs of their music].
casualfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:51 am Reply with quote
I have a feeling that the writers were going to have the girls sue the illegal store, but then just make it a plot device to spoiler[discover maid Kotori ] cause court battle would ruin the show's cheerful mood.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I like Kotori, but her voice gets annoying, especially when she is whining. good episode though, but now I'm curious as to how spoiler[A-Rise will react now that Muse has apparently invaded their territory]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Can't have a sleep over without spoiler[a pillow fight]. Does that make me sound dirty? It was a good one too with freeze frames.

The episode just reinforced that I find Nico to be awesome, the fact she tries to act cute and childish, and then later act like she is mature and cultured adds some nice irony. My favourite bits included parts like her trying to spoiler[look cool on the chair only to easilly fall for taunts, the fact she rolled on the futons with Honaka and Rin, and then scaring them with the facial mask and being targeted in the fight].
casualfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:57 am Reply with quote
Nico is awesome because she brings the comedy element to a somewhat bland episode. I was disappointed they didn't have the obligatory 'horror stories before bed' segment, though. With these characters, I think it would be hilarious.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11.

Muse can't catch a break. The future of the school is on the line, and the use of the auditorium during the festival goes to -- the calligraphy club?

I can understand about being fair, but that makes no sense.

And we got the rather predictable conundrums. Only in anime do fevers manifest that way. But they did end up with a pretty reasonable one-number concert.

Where did Muse get the stage, backdrop and lighting?
casualfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:22 am Reply with quote
The show just doesn't care about the technical aspects. They were also singing without mics. Unless they were screaming while dancing, nobody could hear them properly.

Considering the show, I'm sure everything will be well at the end. The interesting part will be how the events will play out for them.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote
anyone else notice that no matter how crazy or stupid of an idea Honoka comes up with, Kotori always thinks its a good idea?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Oh dang, there is so much drama now. Honoka ended up in a spoiler[bad state and took a while to recover], so they had to spoiler[drop out from the whole dropping out from joining the Love Live concert, which is like the title of the show]. And just she is recovering from that she has to deal with the fact spoiler[Kotori will be moving overseas soon for studies]. So she is going from the spoiler[energetic girl to totally loseing her drive].

I definetly enjoyed how they made the screen (metaphoracle camera) get all shakey when the drama was at its peak, and twisting when it was on spoiler[Honoka] to show that her world is twisting. And then the shock decision, spoiler[she decided to quit, coming from her character, with the lifeless expression was gut wrenching]. I don't even know if a good old spoiler[slap] will be enough to put everything happy. The ED felt really out of place here.

How will the last episode go when they are not even in the competition the show is named after?

Normally I am a big fan of shows where I see characters (often girls) get spoiler[pushed to the end of despair in contrast to just being happy before], but I just did not expect it here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9