• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love Live! School idol project (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:15 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 5

Funny that I did not even think that I wanted a Rin episode until this one. She is pretty much always been the most spirited one after Honoka, or really the most energetic, so her role was kind of foreseeable.spoiler[ Kayo was always a bit quiet] so forcing her spoiler[into the spotlight over Rin] did feel wrong.

Despite her energy she did tend to often be one of the most background, so an episode with her is good, and even if it was a bit corny it was good.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:39 pm Reply with quote
The latest episode felt kinda slow imo but the second half made it up for it with spoiler[Rin's efforts. She looked very pretty in that dress] imo. The song was also decent although not one of the best so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:03 am Reply with quote
Honoka's rain stopping powers have diminished it seems :I

The whole episode I was thinking "My gosh just leave the poor girl alone!". Of course through the power off friendship stuff like this works out but if I was suddenly told "Hey btw even though we practiced it differently your going to be the center okay, thanks" I'd be pissed =/.

This really seems like a forced situation because I don't see how Rin is more "feminine" than Kayo honestly (unless you count the nyaa thing?). The other excuse is that they didn't want a first year to be in the role which just seems like really unnecessary discrimination imo. That part really made me scratch my head.

And the entire time everyone is just going "No your doing it" without ever trying to understand why Rin had reservations on performing. Then Nico and Maki really come off as huge dicks having an argument and forcing Rin to start making all these tough decisions despite the fact she was JUST placed into a leadership role (something she is obviously uncomfortable with).

I honestly wasn't feeling the "friendship" in this one because the entire time I really felt bad for Rin being forced into this and hardly anyone ever tried to empathize with her the majority of the episode.

I don't mind that we got a Rin dedicated episode but it could have been MUCH better and less contrived.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:37 am Reply with quote
^
The thing is that actually did kind of fit into the role. As soon as she thought she was out of needing to be the centre she was all energetic and getting them pumped like their leader should. Something she was not doing when she was worried about having to hold everyone together, not realizing that she already had the ability. With Honoka at the helm, Muse has always gone with a high amount of energy at the centre, without that they fall into a leader taking things to seriously, too quietly, or even ego. They were being a little unfair, but she fit, and it did help her in the end.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:22 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
I honestly wasn't feeling the "friendship" in this one because the entire time I really felt bad for Rin being forced into this and hardly anyone ever tried to empathize with her the majority of the episode.

They never did really articulate a reason that rang true.

It would have been much better if they had said something like "Look girl time to come out of your shell you might not like it but all of us think this would be the best thing for you. Don't worry we won't let you fail."

Because that is what it really amounted to.

All anime would be better if they let me edit their scripts first.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:38 pm Reply with quote
NISA's trailer describes Rin as a "bastion of positivity", so I guess it makes sense that Honoka would choose her. Now if only they'd done more to show off that side rather than leaving her easily written off as the girl who goes nyaa(is it bad I half expected her description to be that?).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:19 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 6

A good funny episode, which probably means there will be drama next. The best part has to be when they all spoiler[decided to change personalities], although Nico spoiler[did not seem to realise how close it was, also Hanayo actually pulls of the cuteness]. And I am reminded quite a bit of K-ON when they decided to spoiler[change things up and act like KISS]. Also the spoiler[club costumes] where they questioned spoiler[what club would wear a giant orange costume, and of course had a certain someone have her face covered].

Probably just preference, but Nico looked best at the end with spoiler[cat costume with cat gloves.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Lol Gene Simmons.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Lol Gene Simmons.

I saw the twitter post about that. I lol'd @ one of the responses to his question. But anyways,spoiler[ the latest episode was pretty nice with the song at the end. The cosplay outfits were cute too although Nico sure doesn't agree with one of them.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Poor Nico -- always the butt monkey.

This is a pretty fun idol show as long as you don't think too much about how impossible it is for those girls to put together the performances they do. Forget the special effects that only the anime viewer gets to see and just consider the music, lyrics, costumes, stagecraft, choreography. It all seems to come together for their performances but you would need a lot more people than they have to pull it off. While attending school and student council and stuff.

I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't win.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:23 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 7

The whole spoiler[diet episode] thing is a bit of a cliché, but I think that it speaks for the series when it has been engaging despite that. Great use of characters, and it was good to see the 2nd years fit their roles.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Umi is pretty scary when she's angry or not in a good mood.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:51 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
The whole spoiler[diet episode] thing is a bit of a cliché, but I think that it speaks for the series when it has been engaging despite that.

Teenage girls that are working out daily with dance routines should not have to diet. If they are gaining weight they have to cut out the junk food and eat as much nutrition-dense food as they can get. Unfortunately it seems that Japan has imported a lot of junk food front he west: trans-fats, highly refined carbohydrates, HFCS, vegetable oils and modern soy products.

I don't think Honoka is the most heavy girl there. Eli must weigh more.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 8:

Great episode, probably my favorite from thsi season. A bit of a late comment but despite spoiler[no song performance, it made its point with Nozomi's short yet memorable story in the second half. I kinda knew this character might focus on her with that rather odd ending (very final scenes from episode 7). Nonetheless, it had a decent balance of the dramatic and comedy. By comedy, I mean Nico..].

spoiler[THE BATTERY RAN OUT].

Next week, I expect the song to be spoiler[Snow Halation]. Maybe?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
By comedy, I mean Nico..

spoiler[THE BATTERY RAN OUT].

Nico has has an unfortunate genetic resemblance to Akira in Lucky Channel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9