• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Memorandum: Rejected Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:37 pm Reply with quote
UPDATE: Added the eSurance.com commercial series to the list. Not that anyone's stupid enough to attempt to add it on the Encyclopedia...yet...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:27 am Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
Also, Loonatics isn't an anime either and nor is it related. So don't you dare puts Loonatics onto the Encyclopedia.

"Don't you dare?" Rolling Eyes Give me a break. Who do you think you are? My parents or my boss?

"Even my father has neven done this to me."

Riyousha, you have been pestering staff for age ratings for quite some time. While I don't fully agree with your opinions, you did make some points over the content (notably violence and nudity) of debatable titles, and I respect your right to express your own opinion. However, I don't remember the staff have ever done anything wrong to you, and being rude to staff members, whether within or outside an Internet forum, is not a smart move.

Be nice, and we'll be glad to provide more information on anime; continue being rude, and you'll see your name in (temporarily offline) "Flake of the Week" of Answerman's column.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Riyousha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm just reminding.

Also, Why is Thundercats on the Encyclopedia?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:

Thundercats staff list wrote:
Director: Katsuhito Akiyama
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
I'm just reminding.

There's quite a difference between reminding and demanding.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:48 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Riyousha wrote:

Thundercats staff list wrote:
Director: Katsuhito Akiyama

So it was made by a Japanese guy? Wow. I didn'tr realize that since this cartoon is made in America.

Also, I agree with areaseven about The Boondocks and eSeurance.com not being anime-related.

Also, why is Super Duper Sumos on the Encyclopedia?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mr. Just-A-Guy

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I don't see why Superman The Animated Series can't be added to the encyclopedia (especially when I see Aeon Flux and Thundercats listed).
Several Superman TAS episodes were directed by Japanese directors (some even credited on the encyclopedia, like here) .
And also for every episode, Japanese companies were responsable for Animation Services like TMS-Kyokuichi Corporation, Koko Enterprise Co., LTD.
Also, storyboard, sketches and stuff had also great participation of Japanese.

In Japan, "Anime" is considered any kind of animation but outside Japan ,"Anime" is Japanese animation only, so here we wouldn't consider Superman The Animated Series as Anime, but if you consider titles like Aeon Flux in which the director was involved with one particular Japanese Anime project (and we're talking about Animatrix, not the best example of Japanese Anime, since the original idea and directing of other episodes came by others), why not add Superman?

List for Superman Animated Series Japanese episode directors:
Kazuhide Tomonaga
Hiroyuki Aoyama
Yuichiro Yano
Kenji Hachizaki
Toshihiko Masuda

It would make sense to add it on "not anime but related".
I tried to add it quite some time ago (a month or more).

Last edited by Mr. Just-A-Guy on Sat May 13, 2006 3:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:30 pm Reply with quote
You should add "The Winx Club" to that list of rejected titles. It's style looks similar to anime, comparable to that eSurance commercial. I think it's a German animation, but I'm not sure.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
You should add "The Winx Club" to that list of rejected titles. It's style looks similar to anime, comparable to that eSurance commercial. I think it's a German animation, but I'm not sure.

QFT

BTW, it's an italian animation.

I just don't understand why areaseven didn't put Dragon Booster (Canadian cartoon) or Loonatics (Based on looney tunes) onto his list of rejected titles.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
I just don't understand why areaseven didn't put Dragon Booster (Canadian cartoon) or Loonatics (Based on looney tunes) onto his list of rejected titles.

Because there wasn't anyone stupid enough to submit them as new anime titles. Yet.

Why bother adding them to the list if no one has ever submitted them? We don't have to add every Disney/Pixar title in the rejected list, now do we?
Mr. Just-A-Guy

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:51 am Reply with quote
What about my request?

I've already submitted the title, but you need to add it to the encyclopedia or refuse it. Maybe you've already denied it but I don't see it on the list of Rejected Titles.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:46 am Reply with quote
UPDATE: Added Rebelde, El Comic to the list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Mr. Just-A-Guy

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Umm.. areaseven, could someone or you give me a reply? I'm just asking.

[edit]Never mind. Shin-Sensei told me he deleted my submission.

Last edited by Mr. Just-A-Guy on Sat May 13, 2006 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Just-A-Guy wrote:
Umm.. areaseven, could someone or you give me a reply? I'm just asking.

At this point, you'll need to wait for tempest or Dan42's answer on that. Even I can't decide on that.
Mr. Just-A-Guy

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Thank you.
I edited my previous post.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7