• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Memorandum: Rejected Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
(Edited for grammatical content)
You know, I found the not anime but related section and the not manga but related section. It was hidden somewhere so I had to type in the names of those sections next to the = on the adress bar. Maybe we can still submit non-animes/non-mangas as long as they're related to anime or mangas.

Two words:

WHO CARES?!?

Riyousha, will you stop spamming the forums with suggestions on adding non-anime/non-manga titles on the Encyclopedia?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Riyousha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:07 am Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
Riyousha, will you stop spamming the forums with suggestions on adding non-anime/non-manga titles on the Encyclopedia?

Sorry. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:55 am Reply with quote
UPDATE: Added Broken Saints to the list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I remember someone made a thread once and considered Broken Saint an anime but it really isn't an anime becuase it was made in America. Plus, it's a flash-cartoon and I don't see why flash cartoons should be on the ANN Encyclopedia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha, stop being a talking parrot. Don't repeat others' speech. It's annoying.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:12 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Riyousha, stop being a talking parrot. Don't repeat others' speech. It's annoying.

You're right. Mabey I should quote next time.

Anyways, there's a live-action movie called Ultraviolet. It has some scenary similar to anime. But I don't think it's allowed on the Encyclopedia because it was made in America. Can live-action titles with no relation to anime be rejected too if they were added onto the Encyclopedia?

Last edited by Riyousha on Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
Can live-action titles with no relation to anime be rejected too if they were added onto the Encyclopedia?

If they have no relation to anime why ever would they be accepted?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Riyousha wrote:
Can live-action titles with no relation to anime be rejected too if they were added onto the Encyclopedia?

If they have no relation to anime why ever would they be accepted?

If they're not anime-ish, they won't be accepted. The reason why The Ring is on the encyclopedia is because it's based on a manga and The Fuccons is on also on the encyclopedia because of ADV Films. But could live-action titles with no anime relation be added onto the list of rejected titles if they too were added onto the encyclopedia? Because if Ultraviolet was added, it might be rejected.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:23 am Reply with quote
Ultraviolet? Dude, nobody wants to add crap on the Encyclopedia.
woelfie
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:49 am Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
But could live-action titles with no anime relation be added onto the list of rejected titles if they too were added onto the encyclopedia?

Riyousha, you don't want the list of rejected titles to be 1000 pages long, do you ?
I can think of many titles that will absolutely not be accepted as anime or even related. I just don't mention every title in this post, like you do.
I see the list of rejected titles being movies/series that look like anime, are anime-styled, or are presented as anime while they are not. In other words, movies that can (more or less) easily be mistaken as anime. If it's even clear to you that it's not anime, why would anybody think of submitting it as a new title ?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:50 pm Reply with quote
The problem with people like Riyousha is that they just don't have any sense of logic when it comes to submitting information on the Encyclopedia. For instance, he attempted to submit "Totoro" when we already have it listed. He even posted the comment "You guys didn't have it" on his submission attempt.

That's just one of a few memorable incidents. Stay tuned for more...
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:02 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
The problem with people like Riyousha is that they just don't have any sense of logic when it comes to submitting information on the Encyclopedia. For instance, he attempted to submit "Totoro" when we already have it listed. He even posted the comment "You guys didn't have it" on his submission attempt.

That's just one of a few memorable incidents. Stay tuned for more...

That's because I couldn't find it before. I thought it was never summited. Besides, I've never heard of My Neighbor Totoro.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:17 pm Reply with quote
It's not all that hard to find; just find "My Neighbor Totoro" or "Tonari no Totoro". If you had searched a bit harder, you probably would have found it. But then again, if you did, you can't feel all special anymore for having submitted a title to the encyclopedia.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:39 pm Reply with quote
*sigh*

Riyousha, I appreciate your enthusiam and I know you just want to be helpful, but in fact you are not being helpful at all. You are being a nuisance; you seem to lack common sense. When people tell you to stop being a parrot or stop being anal, instead of denying the accusation and/or defending yourself maybe you should try to consider if they have a point and see if you can change the offending behavior. It's regrettable, but if you don't correct your behavior I'm going to have to ban you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
*sigh*

Riyousha, I appreciate your enthusiam and I know you just want to be helpful, but in fact you are not being helpful at all. You are being a nuisance; you seem to lack common sense. When people tell you to stop being a parrot or stop being anal, instead of denying the accusation and/or defending yourself maybe you should try to consider if they have a point and see if you can change the offending behavior. It's regrettable, but if you don't correct your behavior I'm going to have to ban you.

OK. I'll fix my behavor. Besides, I don't wanna get banned. I just wanted to help out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7