• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Little Busters! TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Wow, only 13 episodes late... Still, hope this bodes well for a physical release from Sentai.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:52 pm Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
Wow, only 13 episodes late... Still, hope this bodes well for a physical release from Sentai.

anyone else notice that they picked up another high profile show (in japan) mid run as well that everyone thought they charged to much to stream (akb0048)

How odd that two high profile shows suddenly appeared on crunchyroll midrun. it's like the publishers mid run realized that they charged to much and then finally were like fine we'll give it to you at the price you gave us
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Fansubs usually have better translations than CR anyway. But yeah, really odd that they picked it up in hte middle

No. They don't. Fansubs use mostly amateur and bad translations that tend to be far too literal.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Fansubs usually have better translations than CR anyway. But yeah, really odd that they picked it up in hte middle

No. They don't. Fansubs use mostly amateur and bad translations that tend to be far too literal.

Sometimes CR has better translations, sometimes there are fansubs with better translations.

Amazingly enough, this is not a subject you can make a blanket statement on and not, ultimately, end up looking like a moron.

(also seriously Chagen, a large chunk of CRs translators are ex-fansubbers)
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote
CR subs are mostly done by former fansubbers. Many of Cr's subbers post at the Anime Suki forums.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Crunchy is basically like a mafia gang that went legit after spending some time in prison. What they're doing is legal now, yeah, but they're still kinda shady.
nhat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

How are CR subs worse that Fansubs when the people CR hired were fansubbers before and that were good?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Beter late then never
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

I don't really want to drag out this argument however it has been proven on some cases that fansubs can be better than offical subs given the group at hand. I would highly recommend doki, utw for the best ones.

RyanSaotome wrote:
Crunchy is basically like a mafia gang that went legit after spending some time in prison. What they're doing is legal now, yeah, but they're still kinda shady.

This is probably just speculation on my end, crunchy roll didn't have the money at the time for little busters since it was a high profile series. Given the recent charts on how it's selling in japan "8,000k" which is bad for key/visual arts anime it's probably more affordable now. Again this is all b.s. that I'm unable to prove.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ranma824

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

Sometimes CR has better translations, sometimes there are fansubs with better translations.

Amazingly enough, this is not a subject you can make a blanket statement on and not, ultimately, end up looking like a moron.

(also seriously Chagen, a large chunk of CRs translators are ex-fansubbers)

Peeps just need to jot down which translations they like, and who did the work. ("who" as in the actual translator) Then maybe there wouldn't be these over generalized quips about which is "better".

Anywho, good for CR. Though I haven't been that impressed with LB! that much, and it has nothing to do with J.C. Staff.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

This is probably just speculation on my end, crunchy roll didn't have the money at the time for little busters since it was a high profile series. Given the recent charts on how it's selling in japan "8,000k" which is bad for key/visual arts anime it's probably more affordable now. Again this is all b.s. that I'm unable to prove.

Actually, it seems quite likely that was a sublicense, possible from Sentai, given the streaming area and manner in which it is being added. It's possible that CR couldn't acquire rights as someone else was in the process of acquiring them.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm just guessing here, but I think crunchyroll may actually get the scripts? after going through a translation program then translators just clean them up and add localization, kawaii. Cool
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
I'm just guessing here, but I think crunchyroll may actually get the scripts? after going through a translation program then translators just clean them up and add localization, kawaii. Cool

Uhhh....no.

I mean, they get the scripts, obviously, but the rest is like...no.
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Quote:
The site will stream the series, starting with episode 14, on January 12 at 9:00 p.m. EST. The first 13 episode will be available on the site at a later date.

So.. its just going to start in the middle of the series? Totally neglecting everything that had happened until "a later date"?

Never really heard of Crunchy picking up a series halfway through its airing before.

They are going to do as they always do when they have a late start ~ simulcast the series from the point they get it and also catchup from episode one. Those who watch fansubs who'd rather watch on CR get to jump over right away, those who only watch fansubs for actual "never licensed" series, as opposed to a series in the market for only a single broadcast season, will get multiple episodes a week until it catches up, and then can watch the episode that have already been simulcast to catch up to the simulcast.

By definition, those of us who can wait a year or two to see if its going to get licensed can wait a few weeks as the backlogged episodes catch up to the simulcast.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:47 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Quote:
The site will stream the series, starting with episode 14, on January 12 at 9:00 p.m. EST. The first 13 episode will be available on the site at a later date.

So.. its just going to start in the middle of the series? Totally neglecting everything that had happened until "a later date"?

Never really heard of Crunchy picking up a series halfway through its airing before.

better start in the middle of the series than start from beginning like Funimation pick up a stream after like 7-8 eps. CR probably can release all of them in couple of weeks.

Yeah, alot of CR's translator are fan subbers and few of them live in Japan too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3