• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Acchi Kocchi TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Would have bought it if it was dubbed. I know GirlfriendX better be getting a dub. Or ill rage.

Trailers for Mysterious Girlfriend X have been on Sentai's blurays, which to date have only included trailers for titles that will be available on BD. so the chances of it getting a bluray, and by extension a dub, are looking pretty good.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Aw man, just when I finished Acchi Kocchi streaming few weeks ago...

Will definitely get this on DVD when it comes out. Smile
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Joe anime wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sigh it would of been better if it was going to be dubbed

Why?it's getting a NA release,that should count.

oh how naive you are, people will go out their way not to buy anime dvds/blurays if they have yellow subs.

And some people go out of their way to avoid white subs. It's just a matter of preference. Of course, some people will use any excuse to not buy an official release.
Joe anime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Joe anime wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sigh it would of been better if it was going to be dubbed

Why?it's getting a NA release,that should count.

oh how naive you are, people will go out their way not to buy anime dvds/blurays if they have yellow subs.

NAIVE!?some,if not most anime fans should already know that Sentai release their titles sub unless they say it's getting a dub.(i know some don't know)and besides,they should be glad Sentai is bringing these animes out to NA,dub or no dub.

From what i'v seen,most anime releases come with yellow subs as it's easy to see against dark colors.
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Joe anime wrote:

From what i'v seen,most anime releases come with yellow subs as it's easy to see against dark colors.

I've seen some white subtitles on Viz releases and all of Funis releases are in white. Sentai sticks to the yellow font. I prefer the yellow font because I think its easier to read, but a font choice will not determine if I buy a series or not. I'll just complain about it on some anime forums later.

Now.... In terms of release format... It is Sentai's policy to dub their blu ray releases. To my knowledge this has been the case 100% of the time. Making a dub costs a lot of money. A lot of the less known or less popular titles will not get a dub simply because they would not get a return on investment. It doesn't help that this series did pretty poorly in Japan. animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-11-20/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-november-12-18
Joe anime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:09 am Reply with quote
VanGosroth wrote:
Joe anime wrote:

Now.... In terms of release format... It is Sentai's policy to dub their blu ray releases. To my knowledge this has been the case 100% of the time. Making a dub costs a lot of money. A lot of the less known or less popular titles will not get a dub simply because they would not get a return on investment. It doesn't help that this series did pretty poorly in Japan. animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-11-20/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-november-12-18

That is something i'm well aware of.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2