• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America to Release Hansaku Iroha TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:22 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Awww, dangit!! As much as I love NIS America, this was the title I seriously wanted FUNimation or Sentai to get so they can dub it and change the whole "I'll still keep my crush" dialogue!! Man!

*sigh* Needed to get that out. Oh well. It is what it is. But I'm still saving up for AnoHana so I'll have to put getting this on hold.

I have to agree. NISA is way better than Aniplex and their streak of high prices, but they never try dub tracks for their shows. Not to mention they go back and forth on hard subbing or toggled subbing options. I guess all the NISA show releases at least had great picture quality.
Justp94

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Let the major companies like Funimation or Sentai Filmworks who english dub the truly good anime have them, NIS we're in america, we speak english, we'll enjoy English dubs more. (No I'm not biased against japanese dub and english subtitles, I just like having two options to choose from, like the majority of usa anime fans).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bhl88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote
deathfromabove1993 wrote:
Whoo! Never thought this would ever get licensed, thank you, NIS!

Also, I'm glad to hear that they're gonna release the standard editions for Bunny Drop and Arakawa. Now if only they release anohana in standard form...

Doubtful.

As for dubs, if there is one, I doubt it would amount to a big increase.

Preorder: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/YDD=ANLP5qsOgTShcZ/browse/item/97372/4/0/0
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Why do you consider a standard release of AnoHana doubtful?
zensunni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I called this one back in March when the Anohana license was announced. Now they just need to license rescue Gosick, since neither Sentai or Funi have deemed it worthy...

I look forward to parting with my well earned cash in order to have this gorgeous series on BluRay.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Justp94 wrote:
Let the major companies like Funimation or Sentai Filmworks who english dub the truly good anime have them, NIS we're in america, we speak english, we'll enjoy English dubs more. (No I'm not biased against japanese dub and english subtitles, I just like having two options to choose from, like the majority of usa anime fans).

I'm in America, I don't enjoy dubs more.

Really glad to see NISA get this. I love their premium releases, and while I was pretty certain this show would get licensed, I was starting to wonder when it would finally happen. Good job NISA! Looking forward to owning this.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Justp94 wrote:

It's been available for license for close to two years now. Unless there's some kind of circumstance preventing FUNi or Sentai from grabbing a title like this, it was wide open for anyone else to make an acceptable bid. FUNi and Sentai aren't being Title-NTR'd when NIS comes along and picks up an anime they apparently had little interest in.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
hell yeah. i can definetly live without a dub. i'll be picking this one up
jree78

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Dubs are okay, they are not necessarily the reason why I would get a series, my determining factor in buying a series is if I have seen it streamed and it has a bluray release. Generally Funimation and Sentai bluray releases have dubs and I buy them. On the other hand I have stuff from NISA and AOA that are bluray and don't have dubs. Dubs are not the be all and end all from my perspective.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
publicenemy333 wrote:
GLad to see it's licensed. I know saying this is gonna get a buncha people jumpin on me, but I was kinda hopin this would get dubbed. Its the kinda show that doesnt really need one I guess, but I liked it a lot and did kinda wanna see it with one. Still, a good pick from NISA, I look forward to it.

I like dubs, but I do not mind reading subtitles when dubs are not available or are bad. The only thing I do not like about this comment is the notion that somehow an English dub is needed to enhance a series. Dubs are a big plus, but only if they are well done IMHO.

Dont put words in my mouth, I never said that. I love subs as much as I love dubs, I got a few NIS releases as well as some other sub only releases.
smashwagon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Best NA region announcement since Bunny Drop.

Really glad for sub only blu-rays and I still hope more companies will head that direction.

Look forward to being cheered up by Ohana again.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:25 pm Reply with quote
bhl88 wrote:
deathfromabove1993 wrote:
Whoo! Never thought this would ever get licensed, thank you, NIS!

Also, I'm glad to hear that they're gonna release the standard editions for Bunny Drop and Arakawa. Now if only they release anohana in standard form...

Doubtful.

As for dubs, if there is one, I doubt it would amount to a big increase.

Preorder: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/YDD=ANLP5qsOgTShcZ/browse/item/97372/4/0/0

I agree that a dub on this show would probably not make much difference in its sales. Sadly U. S. mainstream audiences don't really go for shows like this. Just look at U. S. television. What you see is action/suspense stories and procedurals, not character studies about the relationship between a teenage girl and her grandmother.

That being said, I am totally buying this.

NISA is probably my favorite licensing company right now.
N.R.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Hanasaku Iroha was finally licensed? Sweet!
I just hope NIS does this right. *cross fingers.
Botan24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:39 pm Reply with quote
I've already seen Hanasaku Iroha via crunchyroll and was saddened as license announcements failed to mention it. But not anymore! I can't wait to add this to my collection. Smile

Personally, I love NISA and their releases. For me, it's the artbook that really seals the deal. The beautiful artbox is nice too, but I love reading extra details about the show.

Now, I'd have to say that I'm a dub fan and I prefer to watch anime dubbed. However, Hanasaku Iroha doesn't need a dub to be enjoyed. After all, it takes place entirely in Japan, steeped in Japanese culture what with the hot springs, festivals, and regular daily lives. But the biggest problem is the character Takako Kawajiri who throws random English sayings into her regular speech. I can't imagine how that would be translated into a believable adaptation.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. I figured if anyone would get the series, it would be NISA. I haven't seen the series yet, but I've heard enough about it that I think I'm gonna enjoy it. I'll probably be picking this up.

Now... Chihayafuru, please? Pretty please?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7