• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America to Release Hansaku Iroha TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nottimkai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:51 pm Reply with quote
キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

NIS, Can you license Chihayafuru next? I mean, as long as you are picking up stuff that everyone thinks will never be licensed?
fireaxe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Botan24 wrote:
But the biggest problem is the character Takako Kawajiri who throws random English sayings into her regular speech. I can't imagine how that would be translated into a believable adaptation.
Well there's that, and I can't imagine how they would translate Minchi's "Obiron!".

Awesome, long-overdue pickup by NISA. So glad it's gonna be released on BD too, I will be preordering it tonight.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Justp94 wrote:
Let the major companies like Funimation or Sentai Filmworks who english dub the truly good anime have them, NIS we're in america, we speak english, we'll enjoy English dubs more. (No I'm not biased against japanese dub and english subtitles, I just like having two options to choose from, like the majority of usa anime fans).

How can you say you're not biased, right after saying you'll automatically enjoy it better dubbed? I don't think you know what that word means.

Anyway... nice hardcover booklet.
Thallium

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
This did look like the kind of show NISA would pick up, so i am happy it's happened now. Another release i will be buying for sure. Smile
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Yay! ^^;

I was very happy to read that NISA was picking up the license for Hanasaku Iroha. I was always a _little_ worried that Funi or ADV might have grabbed it, and that would have been terrible. Only NISA can do the series justice (well, Nozomi too, but they don't yet release Blu-rays), with their standard premium-release packaging providing a place for a lot of the material that was included in the small books that came with each Japanese BD. There's plenty of artwork for NISA to choose from, too.

I imported the BDs from Japan, and I'll definitely double-dip.

Justp94 wrote:
Let the major companies like Funimation or Sentai Filmworks who english dub the truly good anime have them,

"Let" them? They obviously didn't want it, or they would have said something by now! I'm damned happy that they didn't want it.
kazziyan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. Great pick NISA. ^^
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Dam it I hate NIS they dont dub anything
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Justp94 wrote:
Let the major companies like Funimation or Sentai Filmworks who english dub the truly good anime have them, NIS we're in america, we speak english, we'll enjoy English dubs more. (No I'm not biased against japanese dub and english subtitles, I just like having two options to choose from, like the majority of usa anime fans).

I'm in America, I don't enjoy dubs more.

Really glad to see NISA get this. I love their premium releases, and while I was pretty certain this show would get licensed, I was starting to wonder when it would finally happen. Good job NISA! Looking forward to owning this.

I'm going to agree with you here also it seems that nisa is getting more high quality series over a quantity of bad-ones.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:38 pm Reply with quote
N.R. wrote:
Hanasaku Iroha was finally licensed? Sweet!
I just hope NIS does this right. *cross fingers.

It would be pretty hard for someone to screw up something as bare-bones as a sub-only release, especially since Crunchyroll already did the hard part. Although I wouldn't totally discount the possibility. S'More managed to do it.
boredandlazy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Dam it I hate NIS they don't dub anything

Better than it not being released at all.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm oh so happy to see NISA grab this rather than someone else. Guaranteed really nice packaging, guaranteed great bonus items, and pretty much guaranteed BD if one exists in Japan.

Kruszer wrote:
N.R. wrote:
Hanasaku Iroha was finally licensed? Sweet!
I just hope NIS does this right. *cross fingers.

It would be pretty hard for someone to screw up something as bare-bones as a sub-only release, especially since Crunchyroll already did the hard part. Although I wouldn't totally discount the possibility. S'More managed to do it.

LOL @ NISA premium editions being barebones. You must be comparing them to imports or something. You want barebones, purchase any release from Sentai.

Justp94 wrote:
Let the major companies like Funimation or Sentai Filmworks who english dub the truly good anime have them, NIS we're in america, we speak english, we'll enjoy English dubs more.

I'm an American, I speak English, but I'd rather watch anything in its native language rather than dubbed. Plus, Funi would have dubbed it and done a BD but it's a toss up for Sentai. They might have pulled an Amagami SS/SS+ and given us sub only, DVD only, barebones packaging, and not even an insert sheet, let alone a hardcover art book.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Dear NISA,

I would like to register a complaint about your repeated failure to dub your shows. You really need to try and see this from the perspective of fans like myself. You see, I prefer to watch my anime in English and thus, would like to see a dub produced for every show I am interested in. And, there's obviously nothing wrong with that. However, being the thoroughly ignorant, and generally childish individual that I am, I pretty much mentally translate "I would like" to "I should be given" in any and all situations. It is therefore grossly disappointing to my tiny primate brain when you fail to do the same. Furthermore, I am utterly oblivious to the financial realities of the anime business and therefore take little solace in the fact that a dub would simply be financially impossible. Even though it has been explained to me numerous times, I just can't seem to wrap my head around this strange idea the dubs cost a lot of money to make. I thus live in a world where you licensing a show is akin to you somehow "taking away" a show's chance to be dubbed which, understandably, causes me great anguish and thus results in me repeatedly running to the forums to whine and complain about your lack of dubs.

Despite all this, I believe that we do in fact have several options available to resolve this issue and immediately dispel the animosity between us. They are as follows:
#1) You could stop living in the real world. Instead, come and live in my little bubble world with me! Here, dubs are free. It doesn't matter how obscure a show is or how few copies it will actually sell. You license something? You dub that shit. It ain't even a question. You won't be alone either. Geneon and ADV live here too! (Er...did live).
#2) You could simply leave the market. Just stop licensing anime. Leave it all to Funimation. And don't worry, when they predictably proceed to not license shows like this because Funimation only does dub releases and is not a resident of bubble world, I'll make sure to run to the forums on a regular basis to whine "why isn't Hansaku Iroha licensed!!!" It'll be great fun and it should provide ample grounds for forum whining as I am wont to do.
#3) I could simply pull my head out of my arse and stop being such a colossal tool. Of course, this third option is obviously not going to happen though so please give serious consideration to the other two in the future.

Sincerely,

Anime Fans.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Laughing

Even though it's only Jan. 10, nominations for Post of the Year are closed. We have a winner.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:38 pm Reply with quote
i think he wins the internet
neonbrown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this show. So happy to see it get dvd release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7