• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Upcoming 4Kids Series

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Sy

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:51 pm Reply with quote
They're doing Yu-gi-oh Genex eh? I've been wondering about that series. Although the show scares the hell out of me, I just hafta see what it is. Strange though, I don't think they've aired the entire original YGO series yet.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, Mew Mew Power is not part of the new fall lineup. So that series is just there for the summer season?
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Just because it's not in the fall lineup doesn't mean it'll be discontinued. It may just be a summer series used to vary the lineup.

One more thing: I normally don't harp on issues like this, but there's something in the PR about GX that bothers me.

Quote:
The new GX series, set many generations in the future . . .

Okay, all you haters. Now you can sound the Trouble Alert. I'm not normally antagonistic towards what 4Kids does, but they're starting to mess with continuity now. spoiler[GX is definitely not set many generations in the future. It may not even be set many generation (singular) in the future.]
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Just because it's not in the fall lineup doesn't mean it'll be discontinued. It may just be a summer series used to vary the lineup.

Oh, I understand that. I just figured that they'll just show the first half of episodes this summer and continue the rest next summer (or something along those lines Rolling Eyes ).
ping

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Wait a sec.... does this mean they're not gunna show the last proper season of yu-gi-oh? Well that's crap in a can, I liked that season with it's egyptiannness and stuff.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:36 pm Reply with quote
They didn't show or license the first season of Yu Gi Oh!, so whats stopping them here?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Yashouzoid

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least they didn't get Bleach (like I feared they would).

Yu-Gi-Oh GX... eh, I'm pretty much done with 4Kids now (bullshit pisses me off), but I might see how their first dubbed-for-cable anime turns out.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:42 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
They didn't show or license the first season of Yu Gi Oh!, so whats stopping them here?

a) The "first season" was actually an entirely different series. That's the only time I am going to say that on this thread.

b) The pentultimate arc has nothing to do with the actual DM game (yes, there's backstory, I know) so people up top may find that it would behoove them to skip it and go straight to the final battle or just stop at the KC Grand Prix and maybe assess the situation from there.

c) Bleach is still up for grabs, as far as I can tell. I would split my money between 4Kids and Viz as the companies that will eventually pick it up.
.Sy

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:32 pm Reply with quote
ping wrote:
Wait a sec.... does this mean they're not gunna show the last proper season of yu-gi-oh? Well that's crap in a can, I liked that season with it's egyptiannness and stuff.
I need to see who dies. (I think someone's supposed to die)
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:35 am Reply with quote
I think a couple people die or so.

How far is SJ into the manga? The final arc starts right after Battle City in there.
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:24 pm Reply with quote
They're about 15 chapters or so into YGO Millenium World I think, but that's just my estimate in how far they've gotten since a few months ago. I don't subscribe anymore, so I'm a bit behind some of the plots.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
kusanagi-sama wrote:

a) The "first season" was actually an entirely different series. That's the only time I am going to say that on this thread.

b) The pentultimate arc has nothing to do with the actual DM game (yes, there's backstory, I know) so people up top may find that it would behoove them to skip it and go straight to the final battle or just stop at the KC Grand Prix and maybe assess the situation from there.

c) Bleach is still up for grabs, as far as I can tell. I would split my money between 4Kids and Viz as the companies that will eventually pick it up.

Hopefully, VIZ gets Bleach and not 4Kids... No way a show dealing with death as much as Bleach does would ever be fit for 4Kids to show on TV without being hacked to death.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I hope I get to see a decent Bleach, since the ratings seem positive. I'd like to see the first few YGO episodes just for the heck of it. It's unlikely though, because I don't think it was that popular in Japan.
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I think BLEACH would be a great fit for Toonami (OR AS so I could see it during the week in replays Smile)
So, IM(biased)O, VIZ would be great!
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:18 pm Reply with quote
After watching this weekend's episodes of Yu-gi-oh, I have a new theory.

Earlier, I wrote:
The pentultimate arc has nothing to do with the actual DM game (yes, there's backstory, I know) so people up top may find that it would behoove them to skip it and go straight to the final battle or just stop at the KC Grand Prix and maybe assess the situation from there.

First of all, I don't think there's anywhere that says that there is no Season 6. Second of all, there's no mention of what makes up Season 5. That being said, and assuming that Season 5 is only having one arc, I'm going to presume 4Kids is skipping the Tournament following the end of Waking the Dragons and going straight to the final large manga arc. There was some dialog in the episodes today (Saturday) that led me to believe that they aren't skipping Pharoah's Memories.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3