• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping this wouldn't be like Rio - Rainbow Gate and thus far it isn't.

HaruhiToy wrote:
spoiler[how the girls effectively sidelined him, particularly when he was willing to participate and put himself at risk. He's willing to pay his dues, so why not let him?]

Has his gift been mentioned yet? He might be a lot like Blast of Tempest' Mage of Exodus or he might actually just be weak.

Since they weren't allowed to use their gifts: spoiler[she commanded him to stop, which he did briefly, but shouldn't that have been breaking the rules? Then she used it again to restrain him. As for You: she blocked his paw. I don't think your average person can take a hit from a demonic tiger and stop it. Then she was injured, which may have been a result of the gift rule.] Are these just inconsistencies in a less-than-serious show, or actually explainable?
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:51 am Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
I was hoping this wouldn't be like Rio - Rainbow Gate and thus far it isn't.

HaruhiToy wrote:
spoiler[how the girls effectively sidelined him, particularly when he was willing to participate and put himself at risk. He's willing to pay his dues, so why not let him?]

Has his gift been mentioned yet? He might be a lot like Blast of Tempest' Mage of Exodus or he might actually just be weak.

Since they weren't allowed to use their gifts: spoiler[she commanded him to stop, which he did briefly, but shouldn't that have been breaking the rules? Then she used it again to restrain him. As for You: she blocked his paw. I don't think your average person can take a hit from a demonic tiger and stop it. Then she was injured, which may have been a result of the gift rule.] Are these just inconsistencies in a less-than-serious show, or actually explainable?

pretty sure spoiler[the rule was that they couldn't defeat him using there powers not that they couldn't use them at all]
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
pretty sure spoiler[the rule was that they couldn't defeat him using there powers not that they couldn't use them at all]

So, pretty much, as long as they didn't finish him with their abilities it was fine? Seems like a large loophole in a contract.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:31 am Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:

So, pretty much, as long as they didn't finish him with their abilities it was fine? Seems like a large loophole in a contract.

the rule is to spoiler[defeat him with that sword.] That's it. You can still use your power to defeat him. How to use their power is up to them.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I am continuing to be very impressed with this show. Plenty of action and so far we've had some nice character development of the main leads with each of them getting an episode right off the bat to showcase their talents and personalities. I absolutely love that OP, also. The high energy and artistic flair sets the stage for the show nicely.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:53 pm Reply with quote
is the calico cat male?
Rhyono

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:59 am Reply with quote
I'd assume it is male due to flirting with the waitress.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:48 am Reply with quote
The scene with the calico cat in the bath with the girls was pretty funny. Every time he floated by silently and stealthily, I was thinking, wait a minute, he's probably loving this. My thoughts were confirmed by the hilarious expression on his face towards the end of that scene.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

spoiler[Izayoi meets the former Demon Lord Leticia.
She's kinda nice, but violent too.
So the Gift Game got cancelled, that was unexpected.
Wonder into what trouble they'll get themselves in the meanwhile.
Seems like trouble found them...
The push me - pull you politics and calculations are the part I don't like much.]
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
ep.4

spoiler[while animal girl is still recover bunny girl talk to head phone guy about rescue a person in gift game til here come little vampire yet turn out vampire is one to rescue.

give vampire girl reason was to test them all seem sorts til here come spartans to capture the vampire which got bunny girl mad til head phone grab bunny in later time.

cause they need beat spartans's boss to free vampire girl who happen a total smug-jerk who want bunny also make rude saying blah to tick off everyone cue shut up peresus with head phone block the hook with one finger.

so with wonder how beat peresus & free vampire girl well head phone got two big balls treasure give beat the kraken as a offer gift game challenge so they could battle the peresus.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I still see the ongoing problem with this story is the apparent invincibility of Izayoi. Not only does he protect one of the girls with a fingertip sword stop, but he also spoiler[goes out without even bothering to tell anyone and defeats a few more resident hapless gods to gain a treasure that gives the community a chance.]

Oddly enough, for some reason, it took him to knocks to break down that door.

It is sort of like the Justice League, which is a group that gets together and politely pretends that Superman couldn't just do everything by himself.

In this case, why not just let the no-name community sit back and let Izayoi handle everything?
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I think all the demon lords are lolis.

HaruhiToy wrote:
I still see the ongoing problem with this story is the apparent invincibility of Izayoi. Not only does he protect one of the girls with a fingertip sword stop, but he also spoiler[goes out without even bothering to tell anyone and defeats a few more resident hapless gods to gain a treasure that gives the community a chance.]

not sure why this is a problem with the story. So you don't like an anime that the main character is super strong and bad ass. You like weak characters that get stronger later. like Naruto. Bleach?
Scytalle
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:41 pm Reply with quote
This show is hilarious. I love the fact that pretty much everyone in the show makes jokes at the expense of black rabbit, yet she's trying so hard to be taken seriously. Izayoi pulling her back by her ears right as she was about to spoiler[annihilate those perseus guys] was so unexpected, that I lost it and had to take a break for a minute to catch my breath.

Izayoi does seem a tad bit overpowered though... Not sure what his gift is yet obviously, but it doesn't seem to matter. They challenged spoiler[Perseus to a duel], but it seems from their "negotiations" that their leader doesn't stand a chance against him.

As a side note, am I the only one who laughs every time black rabbit says "Yes!" super enthusiastically?
Arkov

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:41 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

Oddly enough, for some reason, it took him to knocks to break down that door.

It is sort of like the Justice League, which is a group that gets together and politely pretends that Superman couldn't just do everything by himself.

In this case, why not just let the no-name community sit back and let Izayoi handle everything?

Normally, I'd have a problem with this. Thus far though, all the major players seem to be ridiculously overpowered, to the point that they're balanced in the worl that they're in. We also don't know Izayoi's limitations yet, they may be revealed later.

Even then, I'm enjoying this show more for the comedy and characters than anything else.

Also, best line of this ep: spoiler[Shiroyasha... Excellent job. *thumbs up*]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
I like Black Rabbit. she is adorably naive, funny, and kinda hot when she gets serious. I'm glad I decided to give this show a chance
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8