• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Initial D Final Volume

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midori kou

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:58 pm Reply with quote
"About time" is all I can say. Mad
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:44 am Reply with quote
What exactly does this cover? Season 1 and season 2 plus the ova? What is there left?
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:58 am Reply with quote
It covers the last three episodes of season 2 and the two OVA episodes.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
HockeyKamen

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:44 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
What exactly does this cover? Season 1 and season 2 plus the ova? What is there left?
IIRC, the Third Stage Movie and now a Fourth Stage series that's airing in Japan. There's also a Battle Stage OAV that has all the street racing scenes from the First and Second Stage series in with the original dialouge left in as well as updated CG animation.

You think we might see these released in the US soon?

::methinks I may have opened up a can of worms w/that last question... Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:44 am Reply with quote
Well, Tokyopop has licensed:
Initial D TV - which we know this, at 3 eps per DVD, this invovles DVD 1-8 and two episodes on DVD 9
Initial D: Extra Stage OVA - which we know this, and is on DVD 14
Initial D: Second Stage TV - we all also know this, this is on one episode of DVD 9 thru DVD 13
Initial D: Third Stage movie

Tokyopop has not licensed:
Initial D: Battle Stage OVA
Initial D: Fourth Stage TV
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
fxg97873

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:17 am Reply with quote
HockeyKamen wrote:
darkhunter wrote:
IIRC, the Third Stage Movie and now a Fourth Stage series that's airing in Japan. There's also a Battle Stage OAV that has all the street racing scenes from the First and Second Stage series in with the original dialouge left in as well as updated CG animation.

You think we might see these released in the US soon?

::methinks I may have opened up a can of worms w/that last question... Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

Last Volume? I thought Tokyopop had shown the Third Stage movie back in 2003 at BAAF? If they are not releasing it, then who has the license for Third Stage?

mk2000
HockeyKamen

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quote
fxg97873 wrote:
Last Volume? I thought Tokyopop had shown the Third Stage movie back in 2003 at BAAF? If they are not releasing it, then who has the license for Third Stage?

mk2000
Yeah, BAAF did have the Third Stage movie back then. And having a quick look and search at Tokyopop's website, I don't see anything about them releasing theThird Stage movie on DVD yet... Hmmmmmmmmmm... Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ChrisBeveridge

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:01 pm Reply with quote
HockeyKamen wrote:
fxg97873 wrote:

mk2000
Yeah, BAAF did have the Third Stage movie back then. And having a quick look and search at Tokyopop's website, I don't see anything about them releasing theThird Stage movie on DVD yet... Hmmmmmmmmmm... :|

There's also no mention of it in the text at the bottom with the copyright information. Nothing's been said about the third stage movie unfortunately and they don't talk about their anime much since most of their staff seem to only know about the manga side.
Bleach

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I hope someone else get's the license for 3rd and 4th stage.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1