• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas OVAs

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Oh snap. It really was Saint Seiya.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Great to see the Lost Canvas OVA given its own chance to shine over here, as it's a really good adaptation of the manga. Though it probably won't happen, I'd love to see this do well enough for CR to simulcast Ring ni Kakero 1 starting next season.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I did download the fansubs of this some time but never got around to watching them, but now I can delete it and watch the streams when they start.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Thats stupid CR only wanted it to look like 10 show which in truth its 8 shows `cause the second seasons 1st episode has aired already in japan and the next ep is in 48 days -__-

Last edited by jtiskool305 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:34 pm Reply with quote
jtiskool305 wrote:
Thats stupid CR only wanted it to look like 10 show which in truth its 8 shows `cause the second second seasons 1st episode has aired already in japan and the next ep is in 48 days -__-

It's still a simulcast. Length between episodes doesn't change that it's being streamed while still in Japan.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:36 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:

It's still a simulcast. Length between episodes doesn't change that it's being streamed while still in Japan.

Yea but what about the first season which there saying is one of the ten simulcast?
bayoab

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:45 pm Reply with quote
jtiskool305 wrote:
garfield15 wrote:

Yea but what about the first season which there saying is one of the ten simulcast?

Look at the lineup page. Both seasons only count as one show. There are 9 other shows which are likely the other 9 that are already floating around.
kel aka gandy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote
jtiskool305 wrote:
Thats stupid CR only wanted it to look like 10 show which in truth its 8 shows `cause the second seasons 1st episode has aired already in japan and the next ep is in 48 days -__-

I think you're misunderstanding; It's still 10 simulcasts. Crunchyroll is still announcing another series today (check their website, where they explicitly state they're announcing another later today), and is indeed simulcasting the second season of Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas, they just seem to be using the first season as a place holder for the second season on their lineup page. It just so happens that they're really announcing 3 series today (one so-far unannounced simulcast, the simulcast of Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas, and a back catalog title of the first season of Saint Seiya: The Canvas).
labantnet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Oh Saint Saiya, you had me at "ryuseiken".
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote
jtiskool305 wrote:
But you still are working out 10-1=8 {*}, which seems somehow wrong. Let me get my calculator ... uhm, I get "9" as the answer to that advanced math.

They clearly announced the whole Lost Canvas as a single series, so the fact that you have it in your head as two distinct series doesn't change the fact that they got it with one contract and are treating it as a single simulcast picked up mid-series.

{* In the Sixties, the Premier of Trinidad and Tobago proclaimed the peculiar political arithmetic that "One from 10 leaves Nought" ~ there were going to be ten states of the West Indies Federation, but Jamaica pressed ahead for independent on its own, and when they did, Trinidad decided to do the same, and the whole WIF fell apart.}
kensh1ro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Great news! Now call me when they get the original series.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:07 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
jtiskool305 wrote:
But you still are working out 10-1=8 {*}, which seems somehow wrong. Let me get my calculator ... uhm, I get "9" as the answer to that advanced math.

They clearly announced the whole Lost Canvas as a single series, so the fact that you have it in your head as two distinct series doesn't change the fact that they got it with one contract and are treating it as a single simulcast picked up mid-series.

{* In the Sixties, the Premier of Trinidad and Tobago proclaimed the peculiar political arithmetic that "One from 10 leaves Nought" ~ there were going to be ten states of the West Indies Federation, but Jamaica pressed ahead for independent on its own, and when they did, Trinidad decided to do the same, and the whole WIF fell apart.}

Noo I thought they were going to use two simulcast for one series but I just read it over again and now I get it. It seem like I completely missed the words:
Quote:
We'll be getting the first season of Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas and the second season will be available on the same day it becomes available in Japan.
My bad.
Same goes for my CR posts I take it all back except for the part that I didn't like the first season lol
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:34 pm Reply with quote
What?

Quote:
The series will also only be available to users in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Ireland.

Ah, now that makes sense. Advertising, ftw.

CR's page with Lost Canvas and Gosick... now that's some cool stuff.

I just have to wonder how popular this is gonna be with people who haven't seen other Saint Seiya.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:51 pm Reply with quote
If this works out for TMS, maybe they'll stream more shows, instead of being so damned stingy.
labantnet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:44 pm Reply with quote
kensh1ro wrote:
Great news! Now call me when they get the original series.

A++++!!! Would Quote Again!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2