• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas OVAs

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:45 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
I just have to wonder how popular this is gonna be with people who haven't seen other Saint Seiya.

Lost Canvas is very friendly to newcomers, as it's an alternate-history prequel to the original and introduces all of the basic story elements that you need to know early on. I definitely recommend it to those who have been considering getting into Saint Seiya, but didn't like how the original TV series was never fully released or don't like older anime in general.

And, boy does CR know how to push a series:
Quote:
This is an exciting pickup for us, and an exciting day for all fans of Masami Kurumada, one of the greatest manga creators the universe has ever known. For fans of Mr. Kurumada's earlier works as well as fans of science fiction and action alike, this will be one of 2011's most exciting anime titles. We look forward to its stellar success.

Now that's how you advertise a mangaka! It also gives me even more hope for other Kurumada animes getting brought over... Or at least B't X, since it's also from TMS.
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:55 pm Reply with quote
^^Who we talking about? Razz
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:

Look at the press release CR sent out about Lost Canvas' simulcast.
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
garfield15 wrote:

I know. I was just joking because it says "one of the greatest manga creators in the universe."
jsc315

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Great to see the Lost Canvas OVA given its own chance to shine over here, as it's a really good adaptation of the manga. Though it probably won't happen, I'd love to see this do well enough for CR to simulcast Ring ni Kakero 1 starting next season.

Thats is great to hear. I've seen about half of the original series and loved it! I tried watching the Hades OVA and all those others and I just could not get into it at all and the semi-3D animation really took me out of the series too. I'll be checking this out for sure then. Glad CR got a hold of Saint Seiya. Now if they got all of the original I would be in love!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
Lord Geo wrote:
garfield15 wrote:

I know. I was just joking because it says "one of the greatest manga creators in the universe."

Oh. Well, the mileage can vary on whether that joke is funny or not since Kurumada is definitely an under-appreciated mangaka over here, and he is one of the best. CR is just hoping that this title can finally make him a potentially larger name over here.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I've always been interested in watching The Lost Canvas (particularly for its art style…and because DiC had nothing to do with it Razz ) and liked what I saw of the first episode. Great seeing CR picking it up (but no coverage in Brazil or elsewhere in South America? Strange, then again, it's been released there already…).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2