• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Full Metal Panic Second Raid Scheduled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:43 am Reply with quote
What was the original airdate? If it was pushed back, what is it with this anime somehow always mirroring real life events that causes it to be pushed back?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Strategos

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:07 am Reply with quote
Who cares, the important thing is that there is now a solid release date. The R-15 rating kind of hints that besides the known that it will be a serious adaptation of books or manga (forget which) that there probably won't be any more fun Tessa scenes! Forshame. Tessa needs her own series of just doing Tessa things, only 2 episodes of Tessa in Fumoffu was not nearly enough.

Although it would be a little ironic I guess if some RLE caused it to be moved back.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:12 am Reply with quote
So Tessa isn't in the manga very much?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:36 am Reply with quote
This is the first mention of an actual release date. Prior to today's news, it was only projected for a summer release. I hope this title comes over quickly to region one. Since Fumoffu, the FMP franchise has become my number one favorite anime property.

Tessa, quite sadly, is treated too much as a secondary character. We have Shouji Gatou to thank for that. But it's interesting how as a secondary character she comes off quite naturally as more, um, what's the word, adorable?, than the female lead...well, to me at least. You can't have a character that is voiced by Yukana Nogami and be bad.

I've been following the novels, or translations of it, and I couldn't imagine an FMP pairing that is a viable alternative to Kaname and Sousuke, but Tessa's presence is always so refreshingly entertaining. If this new season follows Owaru Day By Day, A Dancing Very Merry Christmas, and Tsuduku On My Own, then we are in for FMP's most powerful moments yet. Needless to say, I'm very, very excited!
Steve007101

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Glad to hear it! FMP is also one of my favorite anime titles at the moment, I've seen all of the first 2 animes and I should read the manga soon myself. Quite frankly Tessa is just the more adorable character to begin with is she not? Afterall she's more of the innocent type, I also wish she had more time in. And I'm glad to hear that we have some powerful moments to look forward to, thanks for the info. I'm also very very excited.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:39 pm Reply with quote
If the direction and script writing is faithful to the novels, then we will enjoy some very strong, powerful developments.

spoiler[
- key relationships will be turned upside down and tested to become stronger
- Kaname will deal with a threat without the aid of a mercenary, the end of which robs her of a special moment and destroys her innocence to that degree
- Sousuke makes his feelings known, well, at least to someone who asks him about it
- Amalgam, the organization behind Gauron, will be unveiled
- we get more substantial background on Tessa and her connection to an amusing US submarine captain and the Duke (the wise and skilled British submarine captain who now serves Tessa as executive officer)
- a tragic fate among one of the Jindai High School characters
- an intense duel between Sousuke and Leonard
]

And if we're lucky, we may also get plenty more of the fun comic side story material that is part of the short story volumes and adapted in the manga.

I do hope this season can really deliver that punch!

Last edited by khryoleoz on Fri May 20, 2005 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
evilnick06

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote
sounds cool to me I hope it comes to the us soon.
Usagi

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait. Anime smile;;
Pwolf

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:05 pm Reply with quote
i can't wait... i hope this season doesn't only cover The End of Day by Day. i would love to see "the duke" in action (dancing very merry xmas) Wink

Pwolf
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
WEKS

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:58 am Reply with quote
Usagi wrote:
Can't wait. Anime smile;;

Ditto.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:27 am Reply with quote
Man! I wish that Del Rey would score the rights to the original novels & short stories and get those to us in English. I really would love to read them.
bluedragon

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:12 am Reply with quote
I've been a fan of this series ever since it first released here in the U.S., and I must say that this second raid is exactly what I've been hoping for since the end of the first series.
Stullz

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I totally agree with you Astro! I just becoame a fan of this series and have read all the currently available mangas and own the box set, but I can't wait to read the novels if the ever get licensed us poor English speaking folk. IF ANYONE FROM ADV READS THIS please consider getting the novels... please.
NemoMac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:20 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing not, but are there any fan-translations of the novels?
Nikerym

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:43 am Reply with quote
There is for one book. Here :http://web.utk.edu/~bborchar/bokutachi/fmp/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2