• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fuji TV's Noitamina to Air Usagi Drop, No. 6 in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Great news. I currently reading the manga and enjoying it. Didn't expect this title to get animated. I'll be looking forward to this.

Does anyone know if the manga finished it's run in Japan?
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:38 pm Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:
Can't wait for this. The manga is wonderful. Waiting 6 months for a volume release is hard.

I can only guess that our long waits are related to Japan's significantly longer waits between tankoubon. I guess Yen Press doesn't want to set a schedule where they catch up and have to delay.

Chrno2 wrote:
Great news. I currently reading the manga and enjoying it. Didn't expect this title to get animated. I'll be looking forward to this.

Wikipedia says no.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Completely ignored this, but Bones and Noitamina sounds good. But what's No. 6 about?! Laughing

Bunny Drop also seems interesting. But If I read right, she's his aunt? All the better...
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:28 am Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
This is wonderful, out-of-the-blue news. Since it's Noitamina, maybe Funimation will pick it up? Either way, I'd love to see it, and hope it's a lovely adaptation of the manga.
We can only hope they get it. Bunny Drop is one of the best slice-of-life series I've ever read. And Rin is so. . . well, the word cute doesn't feel right and moe gets people frothing at the mouth sometimes, but those words fit.

The scene where she wanted Daikichi to fix her hair was just adorable, especially her reaction when he was done. The scene when Daikichi assured her he wasn't going to die and leave her was so real too.

The manga is fantastic so hopefully the anime wil be great. (Crosses fingers for a license and a dub; expects disapointment.)

egoist wrote:
Bunny Drop also seems interesting. But If I read right, she's his aunt? All the better...
Coming from me, this will sound strange but don't let your mind go into the gutter. Wink
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:09 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
RestlessOne wrote:
Can't wait for this. The manga is wonderful. Waiting 6 months for a volume release is hard.

I can only guess that our long waits are related to Japan's significantly longer waits between tankoubon. I guess Yen Press doesn't want to set a schedule where they catch up and have to delay.

Chrno2 wrote:

Wikipedia says no.

Hmmm, I had checked that info earlier but I often wonder how accurate the data is. I've seen titles that have often finished but the info says "ongoing". Unless there is something I'm missing. I guess if I'm partial skeptical I can always rely on news updates. Thanks.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
RestlessOne wrote:

I figure that to be the case as well. Though I'm not complaining; getting the series is good enough, and if they speed up the release, it will be more like a treat than an obligation.

Chrno2 wrote:

Hmmm, I had checked that info earlier but I often wonder how accurate the data is. I've seen titles that have often finished but the info says "ongoing". Unless there is something I'm missing. I guess if I'm partial skeptical I can always rely on news updates. Thanks.

Seems like it is ongoing, according to the Feel Young website...
http://www.shodensha.co.jp/fy/feelyoung/
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Seems like it is ongoing, according to the Feel Young website...
http://www.shodensha.co.jp/fy/feelyoung/

Gotcha. Thanks for that info. Wink

Considering the image on the site I'd be curious to know where this story will go once it is finished.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2