• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz's Shonen Jump Alpha Adds One-Punch Man Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danilo07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Man this manga has some really great and I mean great art.And in addition it is also funny,definitely recommended.
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Love this manga and am super excited for it to be published in the new American Weekly Shonen Jump. Also as a note, it seems they're going to be doing the manga from the very beginning and plan to catch up around later summer time
leokiko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote
One Punch-Man a.k.a the best comedy manga ever.

Best addition EVER. EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS.
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I think it's very hard to recommend this manga for any action goers, which the ones I speak of are the ones who like to see a struggle in a fight like me. I usually like seeing mangas/animes that have struggles in fights or a character that is bleeding showing that they're fighting a very stronger force then themselves. This manga as said in it's title is a 1 punch wins all battles.

I'm not gonna lie I love this manga, but the action is... almost not there. The art is beautiful and the characters are awesome and different, but the action just isn't there. I would probably recommend this manga to comedy lovers like myself, but to an action person... maybe.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:57 pm Reply with quote
All I have to say is... YES!

I've heard nothing but good things about this series, look forward to reading it.

VIVA ACTION! Very Happy Cool
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote
woot this means that it may get printed and i could buy it yay
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote
StrawHat313 wrote:
I think it's very hard to recommend this manga for any action goers, which the ones I speak of are the ones who like to see a struggle in a fight like me. I usually like seeing mangas/animes that have struggles in fights or a character that is bleeding showing that they're fighting a very stronger force then themselves. This manga as said in it's title is a 1 punch wins all battles.

I'm not gonna lie I love this manga, but the action is... almost not there. The art is beautiful and the characters are awesome and different, but the action just isn't there. I would probably recommend this manga to comedy lovers like myself, but to an action person... maybe.

It beats the pants off One Piece, that's enough for me.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
StrawHat313 wrote:

It beats the pants off One Piece, that's enough for me.

One Piece is out this manga's league. I don't think this one will last for more than couple more years in Shonen Jump.
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
One Piece is out this manga's league. I don't think this one will last for more than couple more years in Shonen Jump.

I disagree, action is clearly not as much of a king as it used to be at WSJ. Even the day will come when OP must end, sooner rather than later hopefully. I love action, too, but WSJ needs moar comedy in my opinion. This manga also has great art, which clearly surpasses Oda's ugly-as-poop style.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Awesome.
leokiko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

I disagree, action is clearly not as much of a king as it used to be at WSJ. Even the day will come when OP must end, sooner rather than later hopefully. I love action, too, but WSJ needs moar comedy in my opinion. This manga also has great art, which clearly surpasses Oda's ugly-as-poop style.

My favorites series are OPM and OP.

And wow, you clearly feel threatened by OP, every other so thread I see you bashing it.

Kinda sad.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote
In further Viz news, looks like they will be continuing Pokemon Adventures with vol 15 in March. I'm surprise this hasn't been noted yet, as many fans have been waiting for their Adventure hiatus to end!
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:

One Piece supposedly hit it's halfway point just months ago [Give or take?], so the only hope you have of OP ending anytime soon is if all of Japan jumps ship....frankly I doubt that will happen. Hope this new one does well though.
Quote:

In further Viz news, looks like they will be continuing Pokemon Adventures with vol 15 in March. I'm surprise this hasn't been noted yet, as many fans have been waiting for their Adventure hiatus to end!

DEFINITELY hope that's the case! I've seen the listings on Amazon but I have to say I'm a little skeptical since there hasn't been an announcement and none of those listings have any art yet... so it kinda makes me wonder. Woulld be great to get RSE alongside the rest of DPP though.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:44 am Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:

Quote:

DEFINITELY hope that's the case! I've seen the listings on Amazon but I have to say I'm a little skeptical since there hasn't been an announcement and none of those listings have any art yet... so it kinda makes me wonder. Woulld be great to get RSE alongside the rest of DPP though.

Well to add to the credibility, I only found out because Rightstuf posted it the other day as one of their new listings.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1