• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Box Office, January 5-6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d_ace_shines

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I guess One Piece Z already surpassed eva? Very Happy
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote
i guess adding avril lavenge music worked out well for them.
OmarZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote
Yes it did surpass Evangelion!
It doesn't matter whether they used avril lavigne music of not, people want to see Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and the others not to listen to avril lavigne music. This is just a bonus!!
One Piece, show them who is the boss Cool
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:23 am Reply with quote
Haha............. Les Miserables................

OmarZ wrote:

It doesn't matter whether they used avril lavigne music of not, people want to see Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and the others not to listen to avril lavigne music.

We can't assume that - some people do watch movies for the soundtrack too! Laughing
Kutsu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 am Reply with quote
It only has 2 Pokemon movies to surpass now to become the highest grossing animated movie of an anime/manga franchise. It will be very hard though. Pokemon: The Power of One and its 6.36 billion yen should be surpassed but Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back!'s 7.54 billion yen will probably remained untouched (and that was in 1998 when tickets were slightly cheaper, tells you something about Pokemon's popularity back then !!!).
d_ace_shines

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I can see it topped the box office for two more weeks, or even longer Very Happy

Kutsu wrote:
It only has 2 Pokemon movies to surpass now to become the highest grossing animated movie of an anime/manga franchise. It will be very hard though. Pokemon: The Power of One and its 6.36 billion yen should be surpassed but Pokemon: Mewtwo Strikes Back!'s 7.54 billion yen will probably remained untouched (and that was in 1998 when tickets were slightly cheaper, tells you something about Pokemon's popularity back then !!!).

Still, isn't One Piece Z got the fastest-1 million or something like that?. And I think we need the One Piece's number in yen. Very Happy
Kutsu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:45 pm Reply with quote
d_ace_shines wrote:
I can see it topped the box office for two more weeks, or even longer Very Happy

Kutsu wrote:

Still, isn't One Piece Z got the fastest-1 million or something like that?. And I think we need the One Piece's number in yen. Very Happy

Perhaps. To be honest I don't really pay attention to anything other than the total gross since that's pretty much what's relevant.

One Piece Z cleared the 6 billion yen mark this week-end (it was a three day week-end with monday being a national holiday).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1