• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Band Posts About Bleach's 'Last Season,' Deletes Mention

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:45 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
i hope it ends...never thought it was very good. i like naruto's story a lot more. bleach just feels like they're spitting out random goo and mixing it up.

I couldn't agree more. I've always said Bleach is Dragon Ball Z with weapons(long arcs that take place in a single spot). While Naruto is improving a lot, Bleach just seems to be getting worse.

The new arc shows promise, though.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:49 am Reply with quote
Juhachi wrote:
Thunderbird- wrote:
I'm not worried. This just means they're going to make Bleach Z/Shippuden/Greed Island.

That's what I thought when I read the article. There's no way Bleach is going off the air.

Yeah, but first they want as much drama and news as they can get. Laughing

If something like Bleach were to end, I'd expect at least 50 or 100 suicide attempts across the world.
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I too would've preferred they took a haitus at the end of one arc to let the manga finish the next arc completely. I mean I could get the filler in between main arcs, but now that they're interrupting arcs to introduce filler ever 2-3 episodes, it's irritating. Plus also the fact that the pacing of the recent episodes lacks the awesomeness of the early seasons because they're trying to draw out the chapters in teh manga a lot mroe whereas the earliest episodes covered a bunch of them in one episode and made each one more interesting. It's a shame really, I still enjoy Bleach and I don't read the manga I rpefer to see the anime, and I hate it when shows decide to simply end while the manga is still ongoing as these endings tend to be unstaisfied, feel too rushed and don't resolve all loose threads and character arcs.

I heard Tite Kubo was signed on for another 10 year contract for more Bleach. I hope he doesn't draw these things out. It'd be better to end his current story with Ichigo etc. and then if he wants a Bleach Z, begin it with a clean slate following whatever the state of the end of the previous series was years later with new characters with loose connections to the old ones and a whole new story with new villians etc.

I would like to buy the DVDs of BLeach, but I only want to buy the ones that stick to the main story and not the filler ones, so hopefully Funimation or whoever is releasing them will segregate the filler from the main storyline, at most the onlyones that might fit in are the Bount ones because they were worked into the show and I think allow a nice break and portion of time to pass until Aizen shows up again.
mad mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I was predicting that Bleach would end after the current storyline wraps up months ago. Razz

No really, Bleach already burned what little good will it had left by running a straight year of filler just to buy time for the Aizen arc to finish, and even now the episodes are padded to hell with added random filler eps just to buy a...little...more...time. It's ratings have been sinking like a stone for years, it's for all intents and purposes caught up with the manga, there's honestly nothing else they can do but try to end the show with some dignity and hope the new direction of the manga is popular enough to merit an Anime reboot down the road.

Given Kubo's slow pacing, they'll probably need at least a two year break before there's enough material to justify bring the show back.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:19 pm Reply with quote
If bleach's final episode is not within the top 10 most watched animes of the week, I bet it will really be the final episode of the anime.
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Jdnation - just to help you out, Viz Media is releasing Bleach in North America, not Funimation.

I am probably one of the most tolerant people here when it comes to long series, but I've never felt that Bleach has lost any of it's unique charm. I really hope we see a second series, perhaps with a few new characters. I'm almost thinking of how Star Trek differs from Star Trek: The Next Generation and so on. A unified world and such might due Bleach a lot of good from a longevity stand point.

Moreover, and I hope I don't sound paranoid, I hope this has nothing to do with the Tokyo Municipal legislation involving manga censoring.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:37 pm Reply with quote
There's no way it's going off the air.
bayoab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:53 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
I heard Tite Kubo was signed on for another 10 year contract for more Bleach. I hope he doesn't draw these things out.
He said he had 10 more years of plot, not that the publisher agreed to publish that much. Something like Bleach will keep going as long as the author wants to do it and it sells. It will only stop when one of those two conditions is no longer met.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:05 pm Reply with quote
This blows if it's true. I know it's almost to where the manga is but I'd rather they let the people who make the movies make some filler arcs rather than give the show the boot.

It would be a shame if catching up to Tite Kubo, one of the worst people at telling a good story in the Bleach universe, is what gets the anime canceled.
Rysis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Well Tite kubo made a contract for 2 arcs, the currently ongoing is going to be shorter than the second one. The Estimate time was 5-9 months for first one and 1-1,5 years for second if i remember correctly.

They already stopped Katekyo Hitman Reborn! this year from airing. So its possible that bleach goes too (For hiatus or permanently).

Personally i don't see much potential (yet) on current bleach arc, that it would be actually worth watching.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Rysis wrote:
Well Tite kubo made a contract for 2 arcs, the currently ongoing is going to be shorter than the second one. The Estimate time was 5-9 months for first one and 1-1,5 years for second if i remember correctly.

They already stopped Katekyo Hitman Reborn! this year from airing. So its possible that bleach goes too (For hiatus or permanently).

Personally i don't see much potential (yet) on current bleach arc, that it would be actually worth watching.

i heard about the samething too. they still need to finish the aizen arc for TV.
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I for one hope it does end. To describe Bleach as 'labored' at this point doesn't seem nearly strong enough.

The series suffers from far too many problems in pacing and continuity, not to mention the fact that Kubo seems to just 'forget' plot points and characters with no explanations offered eg spoiler[Remember Grimmjow still being alive and how Ichigo saved him from Noitra? Kubo clearly didn't. Also, Nel and her Fraccion? Where?].

My main problem with it though(And admittedly, this could change soon, we'll see), has been the consistent lack of growth in terms of story and the series outright failure to evolve. spoiler[Every single bad guy dies and some go out with total bitch deaths like getting a lame looking slash across the chest that barely seems to break the skin... and yet "good guys" can do shit like get holes blown through their chest, get their ribcage punched into their lungs, have their stomach ripped in half and literally blow themselves to pieces and STILL survive? That is total cowardice on Kubo's part, and more than a tad insulting to the reader].

Nah, I could easily live without Bleach at this point. It's just nowhere near what it was back in the good pre-Arrancar days.
danji1239

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote
I used to be a big fan of Bleach a while back. It was my favorite anime to watch. Suddenly though, the anime seemed to go downhill spoiler[after the fight between Kenpachi and Nnoitra.] There are too many boring fillers at once and not enough story. My favorite anime is One Piece now, I think the fillers are great in One Piece and there is a lot more storyline before a short filler. Oda knows how to make a great story.

Tite Kubo though should have stopped Bleach after part 1 whilst tying loose ends like spoiler[(Like said earlier) Seeing what happened to Nel and if Grimmjow is still alive]. The new characters in part 2 are just not needed unless Kubo actually has a better story in mind.
Wolfzau

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Personally I just see it going on hiatus until Kubo gets out ahead of it again. Worst case scenario for Bleach fans is that the anime never returns and it's strictly manga from now on.

While Kubo did say that he was about halfway through the series, like the others before me mentioned, this means little in regards to the anime.

However, shounen titles are the powerhouses of the manga industry and, like Ken Akamatsu said, if One Piece, Naruto and Bleach all suddenly ended the industry would take a massive hit.
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:03 am Reply with quote
I'm curious as to why the mention would have been deleted if there were any truth to it. I'm wondering if this suggests that it was a false alarm in the first place, or perhaps based on some kind of miscommunication. Am I far off in my reasoning?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4