• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2011-01-12

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CountZeroOR
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:02 am Reply with quote
SailorButterfly wrote:
My life is incomplete without an anime-themed coffee grinder. Anime cry

I'm suddenly imagining someone re-releasing Silent Moebius (or maybe The Humanoid) with one of the boxed sets including a coffee grinder. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
neocloud9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:09 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I wish my NISA box sets could fit on the same shelf as my other anime DVDs... Laughing
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:59 am Reply with quote
ss-hikaru wrote:
Edit: took another look at Nina's shelves and realised that she should have put the art box on its side on the lowest shelf! There's definitely enough space and it wouldn't cause a 'see-saw' effect. She didn't think that one through enough =P

Dessa wrote:
Or the top of it. That's where my .hack//SIGN, My-Otome, and My-Otome Zwei boxes are.

Quoted for truth- my NISA sets are on my bottom shelf sideways, and my other oddball stuff (Sc-ry-ed trapezoid, .hack//sign hexagon) are up top. I also own enough spare jewel cases to make the mini coffee table, too. Laughing

Don't give up, Nina! You'll figure it out!
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:26 pm Reply with quote
hehe, at this rate Nina and Kevin will need to move into a bigger place. Smile
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Yes, the NISA boxes are annoying (yet lovely). They didn't even print the title on the correct side of the box, so if I set up vertically or lie it down flat, all I get is a blank white spine. I wish they had at least printed the title on one short side, one long side for display purposes.
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:01 pm Reply with quote
This is why I gave up putting my anime in a DVD rack and switched to normal book shelves. Sure, the weird box sets don't match my other anime, which is semi-annoying, but they all fit!
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quote
For the moment I put my NISA boxes on their sides (so you can see the title) and thankfully my shelves are deep enough that they fit on them. But I suspect that someday when I get new shelves I'll get some really big ones or have one whole shelf for artboxes.
That reminds me, where in the world am I going to put my new BECK artbox...

And myoopi with that plushie, think we'll see any weird crossover babies soon? Razz
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Hahahaha, good one Robin! Half the pain of both buying and selling seems to be shelf accommodation of package design. This problem is universal for all types of collecting. Happy to see you are a true believer! Hahahaha, again, good call.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:43 pm Reply with quote
I think the only truly oddly-shaped box I have at the moment is my full-sized Wolf's Rain set, and even that only sticks out a bit more than a normal DVD case. I guess I've managed to luck out. I don't think I've seen one of those uber-sized NISA sets, either.

And awwww, Myoopi made a friend. Very Happy
aluria

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:34 pm Reply with quote
This actually made me think of my MASH boxset. That thing is about 50% taller, 20% deeper and about 4 DVDs thick. Thanks to its size, it doesn't get to be displayed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hardgear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I gotta say my favorite "abnormal" anime packaging has got to be my Gantz ball. That doesn't fit anywhere but on top of the shelf.
AJtheFourth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Haha, this is great. I totally went through this with my Toradora! boxsets, and although they're now in bookshelves and on their sides, they stick out so much farther than every other DVD in there.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:07 pm Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:
ss-hikaru wrote:
Edit: took another look at Nina's shelves and realised that she should have put the art box on its side on the lowest shelf! There's definitely enough space and it wouldn't cause a 'see-saw' effect. She didn't think that one through enough =P

Dessa wrote:
Or the top of it. That's where my .hack//SIGN, My-Otome, and My-Otome Zwei boxes are.

Quoted for truth- my NISA sets are on my bottom shelf sideways, and my other oddball stuff (Sc-ry-ed trapezoid, .hack//sign hexagon) are up top. I also own enough spare jewel cases to make the mini coffee table, too. Laughing

Don't give up, Nina! You'll figure it out!

Gotta agree, but all of those easily fit sideways in some fashion or another. The MSG Zeta box, however, is too long to fit between any of the support sections and too ends (plural)-heavy to just let it stick out. Hence, it is my lone anime box of above-top-shelf-shame (and second overall, behind the Planet of the Apes blu-set, which could fit but would just be an incredibly inefficient use of shelf-space.)
animefan1238

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:29 pm Reply with quote
a coffee grinder? it better make the best coffee in the world or that would be a waste of money. haha. this comic was destined to be made. good stuff!
nrm888

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote
I can relate. Laughing
I bought 2 large sets of shelves, for all my anime, manga, books, and games. Though, i had gotten a favorite book instead of anime. It was a really large book, and when i went to put it in the shelf...it wouldn't fit. So i put it off to the side..It bugged me that night, I couldn't stop thinking about it. So i tried putting it on top..it stuck out to far...it really bugged me..grrrrr... I eventually just put it in my closet. I still think about it once in a while...damn book. I'm nit-picky that way though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4