• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Guyver in August

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raoh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:46 am Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula could be counting the Gigantic Guyver's as seperate.

Just my thought though.
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:51 am Reply with quote
Raoh wrote:
Advent_Nebula could be counting the Gigantic Guyver's as seperate.

Just my thought though.

That what I was thinking. Course they don't count, because they are more like upgrades and not a unit.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:14 am Reply with quote
Nice to see that someone saw what I was doing.
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Mr. Williams stressed the fact that a Japanese title being co-produced by an American company is not a guarantee that the title will be released in America. He had no comment on whether or not the new Bio-Booster Armor Guyver anime will be released in America.
AnimeNation News

Please bring The Guyver to the US!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Wow, it's amazing how many times this title always comes up. Very Happy

I'm actually surprised that they decided to turn this old gem into a TV series. I remember the first movie awhile back, but never had the chance of seeing it. I also remember seeing some of the OVAs, of course I never realized that there were that many episodes created. Of course I steered clear of the "live-action" ones. Razz Laughing

Yep this show is old but I never realized how many fans actually praised it. I still have yet to sit and watch it. I wish they would one day bring over the 1985 movie. They should have included that in with the 'Guyver Collection'. Who knows one day it could happen. The could call it the 'The Complete Guyver Collection'. And it could include all the animated features starting with the very first to the "live-action'' series. Then fans could see how each installment progressed. Hell, CPM is bringing over 'Outlanders' and that's from the same year too.
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:02 pm Reply with quote
The Guyver's renewed popularity can be chalked up to it being serialized in Monthly Shonen Ace magazine. Not too mention that the new Max Factory Figures constantly sell out. Wink
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:09 pm Reply with quote
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:57 pm Reply with quote
translated by YaoiPocky on and posted by teh_suck on AnimeSuki forums:

(Original source: http://www.wowow.co.jp/wowani/check/50617/contents.html)

It's finally here--WOWOW's original anime series, "Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor", will begin airing on Saturday, August 6. Post-recording is going smoothly. We've dropped in at the studio at the end of the post-recording session for Episode 3 to bring you an interview with the the director and the cast!

Back row, from left:
Takaguchi Kousuke (as Segawa Tetsuro)
Konishi Katsuyuki (as Makishima Agito)

Front row, from left:
Mizuki Nana (as Segawa Mizuki)
Akiyama Katsuhito (Director)
Nojima Kenji (as Fukamachi Sho)

To begin, please tell us about the characters that you are playing.

Nojima Kenji (as Fukamachi Sho):
I'm Nojima Kenji, playing the role of Fukamachi Sho. Sho is, well, ordinary--not just completely ordinary, but a boring and almost empty person; in general, he's not terribly exciting. I wonder if his being like an empty vessel is the very reason why he had a chance encounter with that thing known as the Guyver. The Guyver wormed into him, and that's all she wrote. I'm sort of trying to capture this vessel-like existence as I play Sho; but by coming across the Guyver, I personally think that he may become more psychologically developed. I'm not the director, so I don't know the full details, but that would be what I'm thinking.

Mizuki Nana (as Segawa Mizuki):
I'm Mizuki, playing the role of Mizuki (laughs). She's childhood friends with Sho; they, along with her older brother, Tetsuro, are a team of friends who've played together ever since they were little. She secretly has feelings for Agito, the president of the student council; meanwhile, Sho also has subtle feelings for Mizuki...but she's completely unaware of it (laughs). Right now, I think that she feels that she'll always be together with Sho as more of a nosy older sister. Since she has no idea that "something terrible is happening", I'm looking forward to how things will proceed in the future.

Takaguchi Kousuke (as Segawa Tetsuro):
I'm Takaguchi, playing the role of Tetsuro. I'm sort of like a big brother to Sho, not to mention that I'm Mizuki's actual big brother. At the beginning, I felt like he's probably kind of like a peacemaker to Sho and Mizuki, but now I don't think mediation is what he does. I feel that in a tight situation, he gets equally uptight. There are times where he's a bit of a scatterbrain, but I think he's a lovable guy. As the only person who feels like an actual human being towards Sho during his fight against the Zoanoids, he gradually grows in every episode. I'm gradually growing too (laughs), so, thank you again.

Konishi Katsuyuki (as Makishima Agito):
I'm Konishi. Since I'm part of the bad guys, Kronos, you might conclude that I'm a bad guy (laughs). But even when I'm among the bad guys, even when I'm among Sho and his friends, I'm not on either side--in other words, I consider him the third power of the series. But that means he's neither good nor evil; I personally think that he's a person has a firm ambition, a vision that he constantly pushes towards. To fulfill his ambition, he's willing to use Sho, as well as use Tetsuro and Mizuki--just about anything he can use, he'll use. If he can use Kronos, he'll use that, too. He puts on one face as a member of Kronos, and puts on another face as the student council president when he's dealing with Mizuki, Sho and Tetsuro...he's a rather complex guy.

Konishi-san, I heard that you've read a lot of the original manga.

Konishi
Yes, I've read it. I read it a long time ago, when I was in Kansai; while I was on the way here (Tokyo) to play a role in an episode, I was thinking: "Ah, I've read this before!", so I read it one more time until I arrived here.

While we think that everyone knows about the original manga without a doubt, it's been 20 years since it was first serialized. At the beginning there was the animated movie, and then there was the OVAs, and on top of that there were even live-action movies made overseas--it's an amazing work. Now that it's being adapted as a TV anime series for the first time, we'd like to ask the director, among other things: What are some significant points in the making of the TV anime, and what is the appeal of the original series?

Akiyama Katsuhito (Director)
We're assuming that we'd cover up to Volume 10 of the original manga with this TV series. Takaya-san, the original creator of the manga, had to constrain what he wants to do and express in each volume of the manga due to pressure from the magazine publisher and other factors; so there seems to be many scenes that could have been fleshed out in more detail. Because of this, an animated movie that runs from one to two hours or an OVA series that runs for above six episodes would be too short. A TV series, however, run for 26 episodes with a 20-minute net length per episode, so I think it will be great if we're able to depict scenes that delve deeper into the story, unlike in an OVA series. So the flow of this series will pretty much follow the original manga, but I think there is a greater emphasis in depicting certain missing character settings, emotions and--as Takaguchi-san puts it--"growth". That's what I think of this TV series. In particular, there's some personal touches added in terms of human relationships.

Spoiler:
spoiler[There's a duel to the finish between Sho and his father which serves as the climax to the first half of the series, and we're going to make that the focal point of this first half. In order to do this, we carefully depict the relationship between Sho and his father that wasn't described much in the manga; by doing so, I think we can create a sense of empathy and dramatic tension.]

To that end, I think Tetsuro-kun's role in this series will also increase substantially. As in the manga, Sho is not really able to express himself; however, unlike the manga, Tetsuro-kun acts as a sort of spokesman who can provide an objective view of Sho during certain parts of the series. So I think Tetsuro-kun's now stuck with a fairly difficult part.

As for Mizuki, she'll get a rival at the second half of the series. The new character that appears, called Shizu, depicts an image of a woman that is completely opposite from Mizuki. Shizu is sharp and intelligent; meanwhile, Mizuki is none of the above (laughs) and there are times where she wonders "What is this for?" I'll guess Mizuki is trying to become a more complete woman, just like Shizu. When this happens, Mizuki starts to strive towards moving forward in life, survival and hope, pushing forward despite anguish and sorrow. This forms an interesting contrast with Shizu, who is philosophical about those things. Depicting these ideas would make for substantial dramatic tension in the second half of the series.
dark-angelfire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quote
it better come to america.....or else Twisted Evil
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:50 am Reply with quote
Not about the anime, but the new English manga volume of The Guyver coming soon from Chuang Yi Publishing

July 19, 2005!!!

GUYVER #7
Story and Art by Yoshiki Takaya
Leveraging the fact that they are wearing the same Bio-Boosted Armour as the Creators, Agito and Sho enter the Relic Spaceship. What they find there is more astounding than their wildest expectations! Will Sho be able to control the Relic Spaceship? Meanwhile, Alkanphel confronts Richard Guyot with a demand to hand over the mysterious alien object, called the Remover... Will Guyot give in, or stand his ground against the mind-boggling power of Alkanphel?
Papa Smurf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:01 am Reply with quote
Thanks you so much guys for this thread, I have been waiting for this series to finish for over 10 years now, god dam them ending at that point, zoilord FTW

Does anyone know are they going to pick up from where the old series left off and follow the comic story line, or are they going to start again with the comic stories, or go off in some random direction which will enrage me and make me destroy Japan.

Looks freakin awsome though, alas i still miss hand drawn animation.

PS link to site please lovely people SurprisedP
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:16 am Reply with quote
From what I hear, they're going to start from the beginning, and just keep going after that. Oh, and they'll supposedly be more faithful to the manga, but only time will tell.

As for a link to the site, check the ANN Encyclopedia. It has it. Learn to use the Encyclopedia, it's one of this sites most useful features.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3