• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Takara Tomy's Pretty Rhythm Shōjo Game Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:24 pm Reply with quote
looks cute.
I'm kindof wondering if Pretty Rhythm will fill in Lilpri's timeslot when it's season is done. although the games both shows are based on aren't made by the same company (if that has to do with anything) but the demographic, look, and theme is roughly the same, so...
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Wait Tomy? The laziest company on the planet? I am sure every episode will be the same thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:19 am Reply with quote
Hahahahaha.............. The Japanese version of Bratz!

Yeah, push those mini-skirts on impressionable young girls! Laughing
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:17 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure Tomy has nothing to do with the show's creation (outside of overseeing the license), and I'm also pretty sure that this IP is nothing like Bratz. In fact, I think the latter is completely unfair, esepcially since us Americans really don't much about it.

Anyway, I had known about this for a while. I was at Ribon's website checking if Yumeiro Patissiere was still being made, and I learned that a new manga called Pretty Rhythm was starting. This led me to learn about the arcade game and how it involves "Prism Stones", as well as involving dancing and ice skating. In any case, I'm going to say it: I hope Crunchyroll picks this up for streaming. Lilpri is a good show (dispite some misgivings in certain episodes), and I would love to see this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1