• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo 3DS's N. American Launch Date, Price Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:11 am Reply with quote
I wonder if I should get it at launch or just wait a bit for the Kid Icarus game. Nothing at launch really jumps out at me. Plus a bunch of cons are right after it comes out. Yet at the same time I wonder if I don't pre-order for the launch date, if it would be neigh impossible to find soon after.

Plus am I the only one more excited about a more powerful DS than about all this 3D nonsense? Then again I'm one of those people that pick apart Avatar for having a poor plot and two dimensional characters. (Though I confess I'll give the creature design and alien ecology aspect a B+.)

Dumnerd wrote:
I pre-ordered mine today too--paid for it in full, even. Very Happy

Unfortunately, Gamestop wouldn't except my DSlite when I tried to trade it in. It works perfectly but, a crack in the casing by the power switch deemed it unsellable. Mad

Idea Hmm, maybe I can trade it in at a mom/pop shop toward the purchase of Arcana Heart 3?
Or heaven forbid you sell it person to person instead of an overpriced pawn shop like GameStop who makes huge profits by low balling buying used games from suckers who think they're getting any decent money from the deal.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
Plus am I the only one more excited about a more powerful DS than about all this 3D nonsense?

Hardly. Improved graphics and the upcoming awesome line-up of 3DS games (which sadly are not present at launch, but I'm sure we'll get the good stuff soon) is what I'm excited for. Any eye issues or something with the 3D is irrelevant to me. I might turn the 3D on for a minute here or there to go, "oh, cool-looking!", then turn it off so I can focus on actual GAME-PLAYING. So you've got at least one person who knows where you're coming from. Smile
population_tire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:56 am Reply with quote
I've been planning to try to do a midnight launch but there is not a single launch title that interests me
EricDent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote
So this is more expensive than a Wii???

That is kind of odd.

BTW the LEGO game is probably not 3D, since it is for the regular DS.

I kind of wonder about the "virtual console" thing, curious if you played an older Pokemon game (for example), could you transfer the Pokemon you caught in that game to the newer game (Black/White)?

I will have to see one of these things in action (and maybe even give it a year or 2) to determine if I want it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2