• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sony CEO: Others Can Make 1st Move on Next Console Generation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
yamiangie wrote:
I thought the 1st move was already made?

Nah, not really. The Wii U is, more or less, a different console concept at this point and seeks to put interface over capability. Works for some, particularly casual games, but for more hardcore gamers like myself it's just a gimmicky novelty that doesn't meet the needs and pales in its capability to what the other consoles and PC gaming market are capable of providing.

So they made the first move in the next console generation, but only for their console for that market, which really isn't even in the same market as the others any longer.

I started playing videogames at younger than ten with the Commodore 64 and Nintendo consoles are the best out there for me, generally speaking, thanks to the care they put on controls and interfaces. Graphics are way overrated, and most games out there with "good" graphics have bad or just decent animations, while other games, even if less "powerful" so to say are better animated.

Now, who is the more hardcore gamer? The one who seeks gameplay overall (as most Nintendo fans do), or who cares more than anything else about graphics or just processing capability? Considering that the most important "capability" to look for from the players point of view should be the developers' one since developers are the ones creating videogames, and not the hardware capability since consoles or PCs are just tools.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2