• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Simulcast Freezing Science-Fiction Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Why are people surprised to see the company that also has Strike Witches, Sekirei (boobies for the win), and Heaven's Lost Property picked up Freezing?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
einhorn303

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote
So now every single show I really wanted to watch this season is being simulcasted...except for Fractale. fgsfds

Key wrote:
I'm glad this one got picked up because the fansubs I've seen for the series so far were all in 4:3 aspect ratio.

I hear that's how the show is.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that puts all the shows I want to watch to to be simulcasted! I'm a happy boy now. Thank you, FUNImation.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Toriko36 wrote:
This is great news.

My guess would be is that Funi will stream the censored version and release the uncensored version on DVD/Blu-Ray, when they acquire the master copies and distribue the R1 release.

Oh hell no. Just thinking about this series getting a (guaranteed) DVD/BR release before Shiki or Tatami Galaxy makes me want to pull my hair out.

[butthurt] *Cue the never-ending dilemma of fan frustration over the fact that mediocre bull**** is more popular than something of higher quality* [/butthurt]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad I can see it legal atleast.. I hope the quality will be at least better than the ones streaming illegally..
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:39 pm Reply with quote
jtiskool305 wrote:
I'm glad I can see it legal atleast.. I hope the quality will be at least better than the ones streaming illegally..

I severely doubt it. AT-X's quality is usually poor, and FUNi's streams are even worse, so the best video quality will definitely be fansubs, as usual, until a home video release.
Dagon123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Whats with all the hate? One of the few (if not the only) show that has fighting girls that doesn't have some ecchi related plot, the Anime is way more extreme in the ecchi and violence department (which was surprise) but don't knock it till you try it
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
that doesn't have some ecchi related plot

OK, I don't know the source material, but here's what I've gathered from the first two episodes:

All the girls have weak spots. Satellizers just happens to be the sweet spot between her massive tits.

The male MC just happens to get all huggy squeezy with her right on her weak spot.

It has Ikkitousen style fights where clothes are constantly ripping, even though they do regenerate (which is pretty cool, I'll admit).

And in the last few minutes of the latest episode we were introduced to what I can only describe as a Virgin Hunting Cougar that was laying around in her sexy lingerie surrounded by man slaves.

So, yea. I'd say that so far, the plot is pretty ecchi related. I'm still watching it though, even though I really don't know why.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:10 pm Reply with quote
It would be a miracle if Funi showed the uncensored version. The censored version is simply unwatchable. And it's not just the actual nudity (or nipples, of which there is very little), almost everything else is blotched out:

firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:14 pm Reply with quote
sweet about time some on got this
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote
That blows. I'll just watch the uncensored version Sunday and then stream Funimation's on Tuesday in the background, assuming it is indeed censored.
toyNN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm only surprised that Crunchyroll didn't considering that CR is the one that simi-cast Strike2 and HLP seasons not Funi (well they came in late on HLP2).

Just my opinion but either way Freezing doesn't sound all that interesting, lots of fan service and hot girls getting cut-up. Meh... perfect for the HOTD crowd I imagine.

The King of Harts wrote:
Why are people surprised to see the company that also has Strike Witches, Sekirei (boobies for the win), and Heaven's Lost Property picked up Freezing?
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
It would be a miracle if Funi showed the uncensored version. The censored version is simply unwatchable. And it's not just the actual nudity (or nipples, of which there is very little), almost everything else is blotched out:

Wow, that's a lot of censorship and also a lot of censorship that doesn't make any sense at all.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Surprised but I can still watch uncensored version...on that streaming site..
calimike

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I love Freezing. I'm gonna buy uncensored Freezing DVD Limited Edition (please add to blu-ray).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4