• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Simulcast Freezing Science-Fiction Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scormio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
So, they're streaming them a week later then the Japanese, and (as several people mentioned) knowing Funi's track record they'll probably be censored. Yeah...

The King of Harts wrote:
That blows. I'll just watch the uncensored version Sunday and then stream Funimation's on Tuesday in the background, assuming it is indeed censored.

That's what I'm doing as well.

Still, glad they picked this up, 'cause I like it even if its inferior to the manga. Hopefully they don't take out the large amount of characterization it does with Satellizer.

And for those of you getting misonception's about the chick about the chick in lingerie at the end spoiler[she's a villian, yes, but used more as a foil to Satellizer, to help the characterization I was talking about.]
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
So, they loose the simulcast for one of the better shows of this season, and then they pick up the simulcast for the worst show of the season... The anime industry is off to a... questionable start in 2011. Rolling Eyes

Have you watched this? Yea, it's pretty plotless, but major pwnage is always +1 in my book!!!

catstigereye wrote:
so wait how long will this one last till the come up with Fractal point and pull the same stunt. I am betting around episode one. The new game in town.

though i hope to see that not happen.

I seriously doubt it, as there are already illegal fansubs of this show on the internet before the simulcast has even started.

configspace wrote:
It would be a miracle if Funi showed the uncensored version. The censored version is simply unwatchable. And it's not just the actual nudity (or nipples, of which there is very little), almost everything else is blotched out:

WTF? That's some of the worst censoring I've seen. If FUNi's version is censored, I'll definitely be waiting for the R1 release.

calimike wrote:
I love Freezing. I'm gonna buy uncensored Freezing DVD Limited Edition (please add to blu-ray).

Yea, I'm with you on that one, I hope they do a Limited Edition of this one. I'm so glad FUNi brought back the Limited Edition/Incentives. I'm eagerly awaiting my LE Black Butler S1 Pt1 set!! I wish they would've done the FMAB sets that way as well!

Like I said, if censored, I'll be waiting for R1s, if uncensored, definitely be watching the simulcasts.

And, I would probably buy this even if it sucked, just to support Dall-Young-sa-bum-nim and Sung-Woo-sa-bum-nim!!
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Stay away from the opening, because it's pretty addictive! Cool
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I have to add Freezing to MAR when watching anime on HULU on monday. By the way what is AT-X website and can I use it here in Puerto Rico.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Is it me or do those breasts look like giant bowling balls or balloons? It must be real easy to get a strike with those things... Laughing
In all seriousness though, how could a person's body even support itself with that attached to their bodies?

Last edited by The Mad Manga Massacre on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
It would be a miracle if Funi showed the uncensored version. The censored version is simply unwatchable. And it's not just the actual nudity (or nipples, of which there is very little), almost everything else is blotched out

Wow, it's like that one episode of Asobi ni Ikuyo on Crunchyroll.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
configspace wrote:
It would be a miracle if Funi showed the uncensored version. The censored version is simply unwatchable. And it's not just the actual nudity (or nipples, of which there is very little), almost everything else is blotched out

Wow, it's like that one episode of Asobi ni Ikuyo on Crunchyroll.

That makes my heard hurting thinking of the earlier episodes of that series where I had to stop because of that. That's why I am waiting until someone fansubs the entire uncut episodes from the BD's.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:54 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Shocked Is it me or do those breasts look like giant bowling balls or balloons? It must be real easy to get a strike with those things... Laughing
In all seriousness though, how could a person's body even support itself with that attached to their bodies?

My thoughts exactly. You'll get used to them soon once you start watching it though.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

OK, I don't know the source material, but here's what I've gathered from the first two episodes:

You got it all wrong, Freezing's is more like an "inverse banchou" where the juvenile delinquents are the girls and the boys are there to limit (remember that word) their badass-ness. Oh, yeah, you have an alien invasion in the best Evangelion tradition, they appear out of nowhere, do some tremendous but limited scope damage until stopped, rinse, repeat.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:44 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

My thoughts exactly. You'll get used to them soon once you start watching it though.

I had trouble taking the Haruhi Suzumiya anime seriously because of Mikuru. But with a chest that could probably have its own gravitational pull... I'm not sure if I'll be able to get used to that. However this series reminds me a bit of Witchblade so I may check it out.

Last edited by The Mad Manga Massacre on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Netstryke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully there will be little or no drama like there was with Fractale.

Censoring is expected but this is an action packed series and these girls get Brutal.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:04 am Reply with quote
So this is like Five Star Stories with reverse headdliners and Fatima copilots.... Laughing
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:28 am Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
So, they loose the simulcast for one of the better shows of this season, and then they pick up the simulcast for the worst show of the season... The anime industry is off to a... questionable start in 2011. Rolling Eyes

So you're saying Rio - Rainbow Gate is better?
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:02 am Reply with quote

IRL they are called back muscles and I for one am glad that this girls do have wide backs (unlike the wimpy sailor moon girls) to compensate for the extra weight. What are you thinking "There is no way a mangaka has thought so far ahead"= :-p
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Might check this out. Haven't heard good things at all about this show, but I kind of want to watch something with ridiculous fanservice for a change. I don't like the sounds of the gore/violence in this show though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4